2025 Elite Artus

sndmn11

"DADDY"
I have a pre-release Elite 2025 bow arriving today to fiddle with and test ahead of its launch.

I'm curious what you guys find the most helpful from me? Do you care about spot scores? 3d scores? Anything else I've done in the reviews here that has been helpful?

This won't be a full blown home page review. Just some feedback within this thread before I send it back in a few months.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

"DADDY"
I'm looking forward to seeing the specs. Rumor mill says new carbon.
I think there would need to be something in the tech-physics breakthrough world to see a huge gain/loss in on-paper specs. I like bows that are easy to tune, and why I gravitated towards Elite recently. However, the only bow I currently own is a PSE that is a bit finicky to tune, but I shoot it shockingly well despite that.

Speed with different arrow weights, amount of hand shock compared to your PSE. Those are a few things I look for in a new bow.

I think there would need to be something in the tech-physics breakthrough world to see a huge gain/loss in on-paper specs. I like bows that are easy to tune, and why I gravitated towards Elite recently. However, the only bow I currently own is a PSE that is a bit finicky to tune, but I shoot it shockingly well despite that.
By specs I meant dimensions. They have a 31-1/4 ata, 7-1/4 bh carbon. I'm curious where they went with the new mold. I'm guessing longer. I'd also love to see a riser in Kuiu Valo.

And I agree about performance. Nearly every hunting bow with my preferred dimensions is shooting within about 5-8 fps of each other (on paper).

I like bows with less hand shock, smooth draw cycle with a small drop into the valley. Also, balance of the bow in my hand and the total weight of the bow with accessories and a full quiver of arrows. I’ve shot Hoyt for a long time but my next bow won’t be. I’m not fond of a heavy bow. Packing that thing for miles on end gets old when it’s heavy. Easy to tune is a must. I don’t really care about speeds at all.

dkime

WKR
God awful attempt at a quiver is the only thing I can say, they had a great opportunity and awful execution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

"DADDY"
60# limbs per my request ---> 62.X# on my scale
Screenshot 2024-10-22 at 10.36.59 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-10-22 at 10.38.05 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-10-22 at 10.38.32 AM.png
The 511 gr arrows are what I shot a spke with last year for the Era review

The 71# mach 34 for comparison
Screenshot 2024-10-22 at 10.40.02 AM.png

Other than that the flagship bows didn’t wow me. The Hunter though I think will be a sleeper. Has good specs for that price point.
My wild guess is that bows are going to advance in tuning and "forgiveness" for the next few years and beyond. I am unsure if that is anything that is measurable on a spec sheet, but it looks like Elite is giving it a try by listing the string angle on their spec sheets. I have not been shooting at all because of my shoulder owie. I don't know if what is easier here with a 30" bow that you can inbox, 2min tune, and sling to 100yds that group above. The only way in my eyes to see what bows are "better" are to shoot for score over a long period. Every mfg is going to have a "wow" bow for every person's preference of draw/shot at 10'.

Screenshot 2024-10-22 at 10.45.26 AM.png

PXL_20241019_205551167.jpgPXL_20241015_235930247.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-22 at 10.36.59 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-22 at 10.36.59 AM.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

archp625

WKR
I don't get it. Well I do, but I don't. Companies keep rolling out new bows that are just about the same as the previous years model. I get it that its going to be really hard for all companies to advance in technology from here on out. But weight and speed are not intriguing to me at all.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

"DADDY"
I don't get it. Well I do, but I don't. Companies keep rolling out new bows that are just about the same as the previous years model. I get it that its going to be really hard for all companies to advance in technology from here on out. But weight and speed are not intriguing to me at all.
I think a challenge to that thought is asking what physical weight and speed bring. I'd hunt anything with 511 grains at 260fps or 465gr at 275fps. I would also tell you that Mach34 with the latter arrow at 300fps helped me shoot my best 3d scores last summer, but it took a good bit of effort to tune a 3blade cutthroat.

Those three arrows I have in the charts above are .166, .246, and 23mm. I am certain that I can tune all three arrows with the SET only, mark those positions with paint sharpie, and be invested ten minutes or less total. To me the value in these changes of new bows is how much tuning time they save me; most people would take several hours to do the above.

Tuning ease equals clean flight, which results in confidence in shot execution and broadhead penetration. There's so much excess in a "faster" bow to kill things, that they will all do it. Even at 50lbs draw weight. The gain should be in precision and accuracy and I am happy to see some companies making tuning simpler and quicker.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

"DADDY"
Is it just me or is that the same string/yoke style as a Mathews?
I think the Mathews is unserved and the loop rides a large diameter around the axle. The Eon/Artus are fully served and wrap the axle once to connect like a standard cable. The E2 Cam I have on my Mach 34 is not fully served and wraps the axle twice to then connect like a typical cable.

I don't know what pros/cons there are to either. I do know it's a pain to switch strings on the E2 cam.
Screenshot 2024-10-22 at 1.45.03 PM.png
PXL_20241022_194214239.jpg
PXL_20241022_194145485.jpg

Luked

WKR
You are right there.
I have a V3x.
Was the first thing I noticed is all.
I do think the serving is a big bonus.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

"DADDY"
You are right there.
I have a V3x.
Was the first thing I noticed is all.
I do think the serving is a big bonus.

The prominent complaint with the Omnia was that some needed SET adjusted to where the cable would rub the edge of the cam. Even at the default/zero position there was very little clearance. This cable splitter guy solves that possibility. I can't think through what bonus there is for having it fully served or not, but it did jump out to me as notable. Maybe it helps keep it twisted up when changing strings, or would glide better if there ever was contact versus bare twisted strands.