2024 Wild Sheep Meatpole Thread!

First Ram, finally. After striking out in area Alaska 19c in 2020, got it done in the Yukon. Thanks to Tim Mervyn and his crew! Fantastic hunt, did it the hard way with the backpack hunt (vs horse) option that Mervyn's offers. Really cool bonus, as my guide called a couple of wolves off a sheep kill. Couldn't have been a better experience!

Attachments

• IMG_6936.jpg
    IMG_6936.jpg
    596.2 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_6891.jpg
    IMG_6891.jpg
    475.6 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_6951.jpg
    IMG_6951.jpg
    506.4 KB · Views: 250
First Ram, finally. After striking out in area Alaska 19c in 2020, got it done in the Yukon. Thanks to Tim Mervyn and his crew! Fantastic hunt, did it the hard way with the backpack hunt (vs horse) option that Mervyn's offers. Really cool bonus, as my guide called a couple of wolves off a sheep kill. Couldn't have been a better experience!
Great ram & 2 wolves to boot! I leave Thursday to hunt with Tim. Your pictures get me excited as this will be my first sheep hunt.

schmalzy

WKR

Awesome ram!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USMC-40

WKR
Great ram. More details to come?
Sure - hiked in, hiked a lot, didn’t see very many sheep (11 in 9 days), got lucky and found this guy the evening of day 5 - shot him that night after a long stalk. Hiked out through some of the worst weather I’ve experienced in the field. He’s got 14.5” bases, which is the largest of the Dall sheep I’ve seen or taken.

Oh and I still can’t feel my feet…

JohnB

WKR
Follow up here when the link is posted please. Congrats to your wife on a very awesome looking hunt!!