2024 Haul Road Photo Dump

csd99

FNG
Just wanted to drop some photos of my trip up the dalton and do a small recap. I went the last week of August. If you were there the same time, I was in one of the two beat up fords with pop up campers on the back. We were primarily road hunting and saw 85% of the caribou on the first couple days of our hunt. While I believe we saw well over 1000 caribou, I saw hardly any on days 3, 4, and 5. I spent the first two days doing the youtube strategy of walking straight at em and quickly realized that all the stupid caribou must've been killed off by then (LOL). The closest I ended up getting was 87 yards on a bedded bull that decided to wake up just before I entered archery range.

Another key takeaway was how many people there were. I admit, I was part of that statistic as this was my first time up but I was still a bit surprised. On any given stalk I went on, no less than 4 vehicles would decide to join me. For better or worse, this forum was my gateway drug to western hunting in general. Next time I go I will likely go for the 5 mile hike.

mtns.jpgbig_one.jpgroad_bou2.jpgmany_caribou.jpgroad_bou.jpg