2024 Bucks Shedding Velvet Thread

I just saw my first buck that had shed velvet two days ago in the headlights - a little 2x3 - on August 27th.

What are y'all seeing? Any losing velvet yet?

IdahoBeav

WKR
There is a photo floating around on social media, a monster that was reportedly killed on a raffle tag in Oregon last week; it is completely hard-horned.

Last edited:
OP
Jaden Bales
There is a photo floating around on social media, a monster that was reportedly killed on an auction tag in Oregon last week; it is completely hard-horned.
Just looked it up! Wild! Sounds like the hunter spent $51 on the raffle... SO YOU'RE SAYING THERE'S A CHANCE!

Plainsman79

Lil-Rokslider
Watched 11 bucks this morning in Wyoming. 2 were hard horned already. It looked like 1 of them just rubbed it off last night, he was still a little bloody and velvet hanging off his bases.

UTJL

Lil-Rokslider
The suburban bucks in western Montana are shedding right now. A forky that was in velvet thursday wandered through my yard this morning fully shed. His horns were still stained red.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Saw this buck yesterday still in velvet
9acbc4cd8c6f324ef87bcde92b296289.jpg

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

On the 29th one of the bucks I was hunting was stripped. I ended up putting an arrow in his buddy that night. Recovered him yesterday and he would have stripped that next day I would bet. The third buck in the group of the 3 was stripped this morning.

OP
Jaden Bales
On the 29th one of the bucks I was hunting was stripped. I ended up putting an arrow in his buddy that night. Recovered him yesterday and he would have stripped that next day I would bet. The third buck in the group of the 3 was stripped this morning.
Well shoot man. You can’t leave us hanging like that! What’d ya get!? Congrats!

S.Clancy

WKR
I've seen 2 of about 25 bucks shed in WY. My brother killed a smaller buck this morning, full velvet.

I saw a slick horn 3x3 last night and a forkie this morning. All the other bucks were fuzzy

House21

FNG
IMG_3899.jpegSaw this guy last night still in velvet and then another big 4x4 who still had velvet