2023 Montana alternatelist

j_volt

WKR
I received my message on 8/18 in 2021. I was part of the first group to get the ability to buy.

1690924051111.png

Deucebump

WKR
Am I reading that right, they gave you 10 days to purchase? Awesome if they did for those offered early, but seems like a super slow way to get through the list.

j_volt

WKR
Am I reading that right, they gave you 10 days to purchase? Awesome if they did for those offered early, but seems like a super slow way to get through the list.
That was the case in 2021 at that point in the process. I doubt it stayed like that for the entire time

edster

FNG
Following...but my number is 428
That was the case in 2021 at that point in the process. I doubt it stayed like that for the entire time
I just talked to Montana game and fish regarding the elk combo alternate list. They will most likely start contacting people late next week maybe as early as Wednesday Aug 9th. They will release all that have been returned to this point. Then issue more once a week as they get them. You will have 5 days to purchase before you lose it. Last year they had 103 in first wave but this varies by year. A little bit of insight for those wondering. This is my first time on alternate list.

edster

FNG
I just talked to Montana game and fish regarding the elk combo alternate list. They will most likely start contacting people late next week maybe as early as Wednesday Aug 9th. They will release all that have been returned to this point. Then issue more once a week as they get them. You will have 5 days to purchase before you lose it. Last year they had 103 in first wave but this varies by year. A little bit of insight for those wondering. This is my first time on alternate list.
FYI. I just got notified and procured my license. So it has started.

Deucebump

WKR
I got my notification today as well. Still havnt decided if Im going to snag it ot not. Still waiting on antelope draw results….🙄

MNGrouser

Lil-Rokslider
It looks like we've had 2 waves of released tags. This is my first year with anything reasonably close to a chance of getting a tag this way. Is it fair to say, the first hundred or so go quickly and it is pretty slow going after that? I was 415 to 320 to (now) 301. It is barely the middle of August but if they are only going to have 5-10 tags with each offering, I feel like I shouldn't be banking my vacation time for late November. Am I way off?

Last edited:

SM1

FNG
I went from 380 to 292 to 267 on the elk combo.

I could be wrong but with only moving 25 spots this second wave tells me there will be less than 25 tags available. Sure there will be a handful who refund their tag before General season, but I think the chance of me getting a tag is extremely unlikely.

Moving on to plan B.