2023 Mathews Bows

I would think they have to change the riser design and go to a whole new platform here soon. There’s not much left that they can change from the V3X. Possibly make a carbon model Hopefully a new stock grip is in their future lol.
i don't think so, if they continue to be (probably the best selling bow made) with almost no change year to year since the Halon, why would they make any drastic changes? why not milk it as long as they can without effecting sales?

i am guessing they have some pretty cool stuff in their back pocket, but why show your cards if you don't have to? very little R&D needed, less overhead, and less change in production lines. i think it will take another company releasing something big to push Mathews to change anything.... save the new technology for when people quit buying basically the same bow every year.... in business terms, it makes sense to milk their current design if people are willing to buy the same basic bow every year, which they are.... they have built a very loyal following, and they are good at exploiting that... a little change here and there, make some flashy marketing, people eat it up and they sell like crazy... best case scenario for Mathews

summs

Lil-Rokslider
V3x > G@y

Throw some makeup on the pig again. I'd assume a quick disconnect bridge mount quiver would be next. If using all bridge mount accessories, should be able to pull that quiver in very tight

But somehow, they will reduce vibration another 90% and be more deadly in the hand. . . or at least that's what youtube will tell me.

And none of this means anything to me as I shoot a 32" draw and the long draw bows are always a year behind it seems.

I think they will stick with the 29 for sure. Also think they might change a few things bc they acknowledged that the v3x wasn't a big upgrade at all just minor updates.

I think they will stick with the 29 for sure. Also think they might change a few things bc they acknowledged that the v3x wasn't a big upgrade at all just minor updates.
When was their last substantial upgrade? I feel like change has been very incremental since the halon, I guess the switch weight could be considered something different, but I liked the crosscentric more, I think the draw cycle kinda sucks on the switch weight cam

Mathews makes a bow with a wow factor in the bow shop, they are quiet and vibe free, and even though that evens out when other bows are set up, they do feel impressive bare compared to some other bows, and they are varsity marketers

When was their last substantial upgrade? I feel like change has been very incremental since the halon, I guess the switch weight could be considered something different, but I liked the crosscentric more, I think the draw cycle kinda sucks on the switch weight cam

Mathews makes a bow with a wow factor in the bow shop, they are quiet and vibe free, and even though that evens out when other bows are set up, they do feel impressive bare compared to some other bows, and they are varsity marketers

I'm tuning a Bowtech D350 right now for someone. It's a 350 ibo bow, is relatively forgiving, not too loud, not too much hand shock. It does have Barnesdale limbs now, so that was an improvement, however it's a 2010 bow. I think we have seen performance peak a few years ago. It's generally accepted that peak performance with a compound is 350ish ibo until progress is made on limb tech.

So we are really left with user upgrades, that's feel, ease of tuning, pretty colors. Whatever it takes to sell a new bow. Nothing revolutionary with performance is going to happen.

They have that on several bows.

There's no option for 75% with SW. You can get them there, but for their hunting bows in the past 4-5 years it's only been a stated 80 or 85%.

I'm tuning a Bowtech D350 right now for someone. It's a 350 ibo bow, is relatively forgiving, not too loud, not too much hand shock. It does have Barnesdale limbs now, so that was an improvement, however it's a 2010 bow. I think we have seen performance peak a few years ago. It's generally accepted that peak performance with a compound is 350ish ibo until progress is made on limb tech.

So we are really left with user upgrades, that's feel, ease of tuning, pretty colors. Whatever it takes to sell a new bow. Nothing revolutionary with performance is going to happen.

There's no option for 75% with SW. You can get them there, but for their hunting bows in the past 4-5 years it's only been a stated 80 or 85%.
absolutely, the user feel on mathews (for me) went the wrong way after the chill series, if that was the platform they decided to build off of and refine, i would probably shoot a mathews today, the chill r was one of my favorite bows, and though it wasn't perfect, it was pretty close for me besides their limb issues (i never had a problem, but i know it was a thing) and i know a lot of people complained about tuning them, and mine certainly didn't tune down the middle, it was ugly, but i had good arrow flight.... i do think the masses are opposite of me, and like their current bows, they just aren't for me.

i would say they consistently also make the most incremental changes, they don't do much, but like i mentioned earlier in the thread, why would they? i think they have to be #1 in bow sales, so i'm not criticizing them, just makes me scratch my head a bit

speaking of older bows, i bought an alien x used a couple years ago (my 3rd or 4th one since 09') and that sucker was ahead of it's time, i think they were right there in speed by today's standards (335-340ibo) and a decent draw cycle even by today's standards, and you have to spend 17-1800 bucks to get a bow that light today.... i know most don't care for light bows, but my main game is shooting roosevelt elk at spitting distance, nothing that resembles a target bow is required;)

everyone makes a killer bow these days, i would be content with any US bow manufacturers flagship bow, and i have even toyed with the idea of getting a mathews as a secondary bow, it would be 60# and it would be a dedicated treestand bow for blacktail and lion calling, but i haven't even got a tree stand still, so that program is still on the back, back, back rear burner, haha.

i haven't shot this year's mathews, but since the switchweight, every mathews i have shot, i didn't care for the draw cycle at all, and i even had a triax when they came out, which was a poor decision for me, i liked shooting that bow, but it was my least favorite hunting bow.... but they got me, haha... went to go buy a new carbon Hoyt and left with a triax

if i'm smart (not something i accused of often) i'll just keep shooting my mach 1, it's about the perfect bow for me, but every year i get the new bow itch, which i recognize as impulse, but i am not good at avoiding impulse buy with hunting gear of any kind

i personally hope compound tech doesn't get much better, bows are supposed to be harder to shoot than other weapons... the bow technology, though incremental, is still pretty impressive, i just don't like the whole world constantly catering to the easy button.....

Agreed on the draw cycle. I had a Halon 32 and the draw cycle has only gone down hill on the newer ones I've tried.

I hated the Halon grip, could get used to the new ones I think, but I'd have a hard time going to that stiff ass draw compared to the Reign 7s i shoot now, or newer hoyt, or ECS cam bows..

V4X with Ball Bearing dampeners for the smoothest vibration free shooting experience and a hydraulic telescoping riser that adjusts from 27 to 45 inches so no one can ever ask for a longer ATA ever again.

I thought u could get the vrx, and the v3 in 75% mods. Is that not correct?

Kularrow

Lil-Rokslider
I believe it’s going to a solocam. A 32 inch Vertix style switchback XT with modern technology.