2023 draw madness!!

im very very good at this strategy in NM. Year after year i accomplish this. I think i may literally put a unit map on the dart board. My old strategy of one or two hard draws as my first choices and then followed by one not so premium has not worked once yet.

I hold the secret of how to not draw as a resident. Come see me for more helpful tips.

Ok......I cant be the only one that is spending an insane amount of time pouring over maps and draw odds and every other aspect of my draw strategy for 2023. I currently have my phone, laptop and desktop all on at the same time trying to arrange everything into an order of importance that makes sense. Ive been doing this every season and it has seemed to work for me but during this time (the lull between the end of 2022 season and the beginning of the draw entries for 2023) i get sooooo worked up and second guess every option.

Hopefully everyone else just knows how and where they are applying but im betting im not alone
Nope. Almost all my stuff is figured out for next year. That’s 21 states and 60-72 apps/year. Research is year round. Put notes from conversations in your file system as you figure stuff out. Then when it comes time to apply it’s all done already. Can fine tune with previous year “odds” etc….BUT if you are just “researching” on gohunt toprut eastmans Huntin’ fool then you are just one of the numbers of dudes doing the same thing.

And just a heads up but 2023 draw season has been going on for a while…you missed out on three states app deadlines full or partial already…

Get a plan based off boots on the ground…talking to people plus previous notes/research and your life will become much simpler.

Gobbler36

WKR
You and every other Joe blow thats watched hunting vids and newberg vids!

good luck in the application season!

I vote that states make a separate pool of tags just for WKR‘s!

maybe we can get some lobbyists

OP
lowpressure

lowpressure

Lil-Rokslider
You and every other Joe blow thats watched hunting vids and newberg vids!

good luck in the application season!

I vote that states make a separate pool of tags just for WKR‘s!

maybe we can get some lobbyists
Yup, Im a joe blow to you just as you are a Joe Blow to me............ But by no means a weekender. I killed my first deer with a recurve in the early 80s and grew up in the middle of the mountains. I spend at least some time almost daily and certainly weekly all year long adjusting my time outdoors whether its camping, hiking or hunting/fishing.

As for the weekender or new guys/gals or anyone at all that is interested in this hunting lifestyle i say come one come all. If we all are rude or standoffish to those that are just getting into this then our sport/lifestyle is doomed to end even quicker than the city-ots/liberals want it to.

Anyways, the post was originally initiated just as a funny way to see how everyone was doing and not so much to get anyone riled up.

Have a Merry Christmas and remember that all of this is available to us because of his birth and sacrifice for us.

OP
lowpressure

lowpressure

Lil-Rokslider
Nope. Almost all my stuff is figured out for next year. That’s 21 states and 60-72 apps/year. Research is year round. Put notes from conversations in your file system as you figure stuff out. Then when it comes time to apply it’s all done already. Can fine tune with previous year “odds” etc….BUT if you are just “researching” on gohunt toprut eastmans Huntin’ fool then you are just one of the numbers of dudes doing the same thing.

And just a heads up but 2023 draw season has been going on for a while…you missed out on three states app deadlines full or partial already…

Get a plan based off boots on the ground…talking to people plus previous notes/research and your life will become much simpler.
Agreed, Im not actually as swamped as the post sounded but it was made to have some humor in it. I also run everything on a spread sheet on my computer that is also on my phone. My entries are usually very similar to the previous year with some small modifications. I was number 10311 in the idaho general room. There were a few tags left when i got there but nothing that i was interested in.

FLATHEAD

WKR
I may be done with the draws,,,,not like it would make any difference.
I can go tagless for free.
Will still be hunting regardless.

Gobbler36

WKR
Yup, Im a joe blow to you just as you are a Joe Blow to me............ But by no means a weekender. I killed my first deer with a recurve in the early 80s and grew up in the middle of the mountains. I spend at least some time almost daily and certainly weekly all year long adjusting my time outdoors whether its camping, hiking or hunting/fishing.

As for the weekender or new guys/gals or anyone at all that is interested in this hunting lifestyle i say come one come all. If we all are rude or standoffish to those that are just getting into this then our sport/lifestyle is doomed to end even quicker than the city-ots/liberals want it to.

Anyways, the post was originally initiated just as a funny way to see how everyone was doing and not so much to get anyone riled up.

Have a Merry Christmas and remember that all of this is available to us because of his birth and sacrifice for us.
That wasnt meant as personal attack on you btw….. yes I’m a Joe blow too

but totally disagree on the second part though having more hunters isn’t going to save hunting, I feel it’s quite the opposite.

but need to derail the thread, my post was meant as humorous also.

OP
lowpressure

lowpressure

Lil-Rokslider
That wasnt meant as personal attack on you btw….. yes I’m a Joe blow too

but totally disagree on the second part though having more hunters isn’t going to save hunting, I feel it’s quite the opposite.

but need to derail the thread, my post was meant as humorous also.
Gotcha. No biggie. I may be a little sensitive after dealing with family all day 😂