2022 Sheep Harvest Photos

kjw

WKR
The rams coming out of Canada since it reopened have been insane. Sucked that it closed down but seems like the sheep benefited from it. You always here of winter kills knocking out an age class but here is basically the opposite since minimal hunting was done.

It's open now! And some killer Stone Glacier gear for the winners.

@Tmcgarrigle

I'll be submitting pictures of my ewe if I'm lucky enough!

MDM23

FNG
Lifelong dream come true. Hunt was scheduled for July 2020, but you guys know how that went. I’ve been dreaming about this hunt since I was old enough to pick up a hunting magazine. It didn’t disappoint. 11.5year old from the NWT.
Really nice ram!! I think I met you at fish & game office in Norman Wells when we were checking our rams. Enjoyed your story.

TNsavageman

Lil-Rokslider
Really nice ram!! I think I met you at fish & game office in Norman Wells when we were checking our rams. Enjoyed your story.
Hey !
Yea I was still pretty starry eyed 😂 I appreciate the kind words and nice to meet you.

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
50f620a7994dc77c66bd3964a2710696.jpg

Winter didn’t kill all of them.
41.5”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as.ks.ak

WKR
Entered a different one in the “official” thread but thought this one was cool. Wrangells.

FYI. Not trying to come across as an a$$ (pretty hard for me). If this was a guided hunt, your outfitter would probably appreciate scenery pics like this not be shared on social media. We now know right where you stood when you took this picture. Sharing pics with scenery like this is a good way to have friends in there with you the next time you’re in there. So in your case, the outfitter you went with is getting a disservice here. That many landmarks makes it pretty easy to pinpoint a spot.

Last edited by a moderator:

A-aron83

FNG
Lifelong dream come true. Hunt was scheduled for July 2020, but you guys know how that went. I’ve been dreaming about this hunt since I was old enough to pick up a hunting magazine. It didn’t disappoint. 11.5year old from the NWT.
Congratulations. Incredible animals.

schmalzy

WKR
FYI. Not trying to come across as an a$$ (pretty hard for me). If this was a guided hunt, your outfitter would probably appreciate scenery pics like this not be shared on social media. We now know right where you stood when you took this picture. Sharing pics with scenery like this is a good way to have friends in there with you the next time you’re in there. So in your case, the outfitter you went with is getting a disservice here. That many landmarks makes it pretty easy to pinpoint a spot.

Thanks for heads up. Removed it.

z987k

WKR
A guy pays over $30k for a sheep hunt (NWT prices) and we should worry about what the outfitter thinks if we post a photo??
I knew exactly where that photo was taken after looking at it and going, hmm that looks familiar. I bet I even know the coordinates of where they landed. And I've never been exactly there.
It ruins it for everyone. Not just the outfitter. You post a game photo that is highly recognizable and it'll have 15 people on it next year.

When people ask where I got X animal. It's "The talkeentas." Or west of the ak range. Because those are areas larger than any state but TX and photos never have identifying landmarks in them.

schmalzy

WKR
I knew exactly where that photo was taken after looking at it and going, hmm that looks familiar. I bet I even know the coordinates of where they landed. And I've never been exactly there.
It ruins it for everyone. Not just the outfitter. You post a game photo that is highly recognizable and it'll have 15 people on it next year.

When people ask where I got X animal. It's "The talkeentas." Or west of the ak range. Because those are areas larger than any state but TX and photos never have identifying landmarks in them.

It was an honest mistake and tried to rectify it quickly once brought to my attention. Don’t want to ruin anything for anyone!