2022 Head To Head Bow Test

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Zach’s review is live! This is part I with all the eight head to head bow tests. Part II will take all the bows on some actual hunts. Zach worked hard on this as
usual:

Last edited:
Its great that you've included a Gearhead as well. You hardly ever see a review online except from a sponsored shooter or on its own, without any comparison. I have a B20, which is my first bow, so I have no other experience with how it stacks up against a more traditional style compound. Following with interest.

jte5013

FNG
Thanks for doing the review!

One thing that made me curious while watching was that you kept mentioning that the PSE had a harsher draw cycle. However it had a bit more speed than the others. If you had backed down the draw weight so the speed was more in line with the others, would your opinion on the draw cycle being harder have changed?

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for doing the review!

One thing that made me curious while watching was that you kept mentioning that the PSE had a harsher draw cycle. However it had a bit more speed than the others. If you had backed down the draw weight so the speed was more in line with the others, would your opinion on the draw cycle being harder have changed?
That's a great question I dif not test that, but it did dump into the back wall more aggressively too.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
When do you expect part 2 to drop?
The latest first week of February but hoping for 3rd week of January. I have a hunt I'll be using all 5 bows on next week, then I'll start editing.

Slap an accelerometer on these bows and see what is truly "dead in the hand"

Accelerometer will show movement but not necessarily what is dead in hand as they aren’t mean to measure vibration. Plus different frequencies of vibration can be perceived differently just as low frequency sounds can be felt but high frequency sounds are not.

whoami-72

Lil-Rokslider
Accelerometer will show movement but not necessarily what is dead in hand as they aren’t mean to measure vibration. Plus different frequencies of vibration can be perceived differently just as low frequency sounds can be felt but high frequency sounds are not.
Vibration is not the only version of "dead in the hand" and not the version I'd be worried about

whoami-72

Lil-Rokslider
OP, you could also slap a mantis x10 elite on there and see which one "holds better". That is of course personalized to you but it would be interesting.

Vibration is not the only version of "dead in the hand" and not the version I'd be worried about
If it’s not what you’d be worried about then you just reinforced what I said. What is dead in the hand for you may not be dead in the hand for someone else and so a number or graph from an accelerometer may be useful for you and no one else who doesn’t perceive dead in the hand they way you do.

OP, you could also slap a mantis x10 elite on there and see which one "holds better". That is of course personalized to you but it would be interesting.
This would be probaby the best measure that’s quantifiable. I should probably put my x10 on my bows but I already know which ones hold well for me so I don’t bother.

whoami-72

Lil-Rokslider
If it’s not what you’d be worried about then you just reinforced what I said. What is dead in the hand for you may not be dead in the hand for someone else and so a number or graph from an accelerometer may be useful for you and no one else who doesn’t perceive dead in the hand they way you do.
Lol dude, idk what crawled in your panties and died this evening but it doesn't reinforce what you said at all lol. Have a good one but I'm gonna just let this thread die.