2020 Black Gold Ascent Mountain Lite

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Rob. I am still trying to understand the dual indicator. Would it only be accurate at one specific yardage? As in, you dial your bottom pin out to 60 yards, then check where your middle or top pin is at and move the second indicator to that yardage so that you know what yardage it is when your bottom pin is at 60?

However, it wouldn't be accurate at any other yardage?

OP
S&S Archery (Rob)

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks Rob. I am still trying to understand the dual indicator. Would it only be accurate at one specific yardage? As in, you dial your bottom pin out to 60 yards, then check where your middle or top pin is at and move the second indicator to that yardage so that you know what yardage it is when your bottom pin is at 60?

However, it wouldn't be accurate at any other yardage?

Both indicators move when you turn the dial. Let's say you have a 3 pin, and you setup the two pointers for your two bottom pins, say 30 and 40. When you dial the indicator of your bottom pin down to 70, the indicator for the middle pin will be pointing at 55 or so. Both indicators will ALWAYS be accurate no matter where the dial is. The pins that don't have pointers assigned to them will only be accurate when in the default position.

Looks like the mount will allow the the pin guard to be closer to the riser? If so can the mount be purchased separately and attached to an ascent verdict?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
Both indicators move when you turn the dial. Let's say you have a 3 pin, and you setup the two pointers for your two bottom pins, say 30 and 40. When you dial the indicator of your bottom pin down to 70, the indicator for the middle pin will be pointing at 55 or so. Both indicators will ALWAYS be accurate no matter where the dial is. The pins that don't have pointers assigned to them will only be accurate when in the default position.

Thanks Rob. Yes, I figured they both moved at the same time and are both adjustable. What I was trying to say was, on my three pin Ascent, I am sighted in at 30, 40 & 50. At zero, my indicator is at 50 for that bottom pin. As you said, let's move that to 70 for my bottom pin.

Now, my top pin is at (for arguments sake) 45, which I find out by shooting the bow and deductive reasoning, etc. So, I move the second/top indicator to 45 yards while my bottom pin indicator is at 70.

If I move that bottom pin indicator to 100 yards, the top pin indicator would be pointing to some other figure.

Will that figure be accurate no matter where the bottom indicator is because of the scale on the sight tape, or will it only be accurate when it is pointed to 45?

Clear as mud? Thanks and if it is always accurate, this is a nice feature!

OP
S&S Archery (Rob)

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks Rob. Yes, I figured they both moved at the same time and are both adjustable. What I was trying to say was, on my three pin Ascent, I am sighted in at 30, 40 & 50. At zero, my indicator is at 50 for that bottom pin. As you said, let's move that to 70 for my bottom pin.

Now, my top pin is at (for arguments sake) 45, which I find out by shooting the bow and deductive reasoning, etc. So, I move the second/top indicator to 45 yards while my bottom pin indicator is at 70.

If I move that bottom pin indicator to 100 yards, the top pin indicator would be pointing to some other figure.

Will that figure be accurate no matter where the bottom indicator is because of the scale on the sight tape, or will it only be accurate when it is pointed to 45?

Clear as mud? Thanks and if it is always accurate, this is a nice feature!

Nope, i gotcha, but you're application is going to be off buy a bit. The most accurate way would be to set the top pointer at 30 when in the default position. So top pin pointer is at 30, and bottom pin pointer pointing at 50. When you move your bottom pointer to any range, the top pointer is going to be spot on and vice versa. Hope that helps?

OP
S&S Archery (Rob)

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Rob, Can you compare the weight to the single pin Pure Driven 75 ?
Will the Mountain Lite be able to be customized to a 4 pin ?
Thanks
The Pure Driven was made of 7075 aluminum, so it was heavier. It seems like it came in around 10-11oz. Where the mountain lite starts just over 8oz. On our custom page you can configure the ML any way you like.

Hey Rob - reviving this thread. Can you describe when someone would want the Mountain Lite vs the Whitetail? Or is the Mountain Lite just plain better? Thanks!

OP
S&S Archery (Rob)

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey Rob - reviving this thread. Can you describe when someone would want the Mountain Lite vs the Whitetail? Or is the Mountain Lite just plain better? Thanks!
You bet!

The Whitetail is really aimed at the tree stand hunter who's shots aren't going to be very far. Its very simple, lightweight and a great price! You get all the benefit of an adjustable black gold sight, great pins, and the ability to shoot out to 80-90 yards for practice, without paying for features that you don't really need.

One important benefit that the Mountain Lite has over the Whitetail is 3rd axis adjustability. If all your shots are inside 40 yards, then its not super important, go with the Whitetail. If you are a western style hunter, or plan on a trip to hunt out west, or even want to shoot one of these crazy 3d shoots that require long shots with elevation, then go with the Mountain Lite. Also, obviously the Mountain Lite offers a 2nd pointer that allows you to track 2 pins.

If you're not sure how to setup a Mountain Lite, check out our blog for a great post that Pat from our office did. A really cool way to setup your Mountain Lite.

And as always, give me a call if you're not sure which sight to go with!
rob

ZDR

WKR
The dual indicator is extremely valuable for 3D. No more gapping pins to get those in-between yardage shots. I run my mountain lite with 4 pins with the top pin dialable from 20 thru 50 and the bottom pin dials from 50 to 100. It is great to range a target at 33 and set the pin exactly to that...