2019 Prime vs RX 3

Whos shot both and what do you like about each? Wanting to try the Prime but no dealers close that have one. Also what kinda wait time for Prime orders?

I’ve shot the ct5, rx3 and ultra. Super tough call, I’ll probably end up with both. The ct5 and the ultra hold extremely well hard to tell with only shooting each 10 or so times. I shot the ct5 with sight and stab on it so it wasn’t apples to apples but held a touch better than the ultra bare. I usually dislike shorter bows but the rx3 is sick too it held as good as the longer bows with more speed. I ordered the ultra in storm and they said 12+ weeks but they have the rx3 in black on the shelf that might be coming home with me soon and cancel the ultra order. Dude such a tough call, the rx3 and the ultra are way way better hold than last years RX1 ultra. The rx3 stacks a little at first but smooth throughout. Both Hoyt’s were 70 prime was 60 so I can’t really compare draw cycles. Splitting hairs, but the prime is 700 cheaper I had a credit with a shop that sells Hoyt no prime. If that wasn’t the case I’d have the ct5 and I’m sure I will within the next year. Prime dealer said 4-6 weeks Hoyt was over 12. I’ve shot a lot of the new bows and those two are the best by far for me. You need to shoot the prime.

Buglemin

FNG
I shot the Prime CT3, CT5 and Hoyt RX3 just before Christmas. All nice bows. I thought the CT3 and RX3 were very similar draw cycles. The shop set all of them to the same draw weight. I thought the CT5 draw cycle, for some reason, felt like it had a hump to it at about 2/3rds draw. Shot shock was very minimal with all of them. I ended up ordering the CT3 in subalpine with 65 lb limbs. Note: I'm not partial to any particular bow. I currently have a Mathews Z7 extreme and prior to the bow I shot a Hoyt and Martin.

OP
shooterrdy
I have the Rx3 and took My best buck with it. Even took a shot at My 1st Mule Deer with it. I like it a lot just cant help but want a CT3 as well but no Prime dealer close within 2 hour drive. Want a morel riser/open country limb. 65lb. Butwant to shoot one 1st.

ontarget7

WKR
I’ve owned both and now own 2 RX3’s and have sold the CT3

I will probably even add a third RX3 before the years over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ontarget7

WKR
1) I prefer the draw of the RX3
2) I prefer the tunability of the RX3
3) More forgiving to a wide range of spines without having to adjust rest one way or another
4) I like 3 string harness better, just more convenient to work on
5) RX3 grip hands down for me
6) I have less deviations on the RX3 when pulling through my shot, soft into the wall or hard
7) RX3 just aims better for me throughout my expansion of the shot
8) RX3 also wins the beauty contest . Just a good looking bow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NaturalJon

Lil-Rokslider
It's amazing the difference how bows feel to different people. The ct5 was superior for me and was quite a surprise to me. I shot the ct3 and didnt care for it at all, so I wrote prime off my list. Started demoing all makes and models for about a month and went to go buy and different bow and shot the ct5 for kicks and grins and ended up ordering one...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

coyyota

WKR
Classified Approved
Shot them both. Were my two favorite bows, along with the Bowtech RealmX. Two completely different back walls, typical Hoyt soft vs very hard for the CT3. Both drew really smooth at 60lbs. The CT3 held better for me at full draw, was the decision maker. Bow shop said 3 weeks order out time, tundra solid color limbs/riser. Hearing camo may be little longer? Both super nice bows.

Easy desicion, Prime ct series hands down. Way better fit and finish and they hold on target like a rock.

The rx3 is a nice bow but in no way shape or form is it worth $700 more than primes.

Rich.maes

Lil-Rokslider
CT3 holds the best at full draw then any other bow I’ve ever show. Feels really good in the hand also.

6.5Express

Lil-Rokslider
I shot quite a few bows except the new hoyts this year. I went to multiple shops and shot head to head at the same draw weight / length and at different lengths and weights the Vertix, traverse, tx5, sr6, realm ss, ritual 33, CT 5, and ct3. For me, the ct3 stood out. Though, all those bows were awesome.

My ct3 took 31 calendar days from order to pick up at the dealer which seemed like forever to an impatient guy like me. In reality, it's probably about par for every bow I've ever ordered.