2017 goat hunt??

I'm wanting to go on a goat hunt and my luck drawing is not panning out. So I'm looking for suggestions of an outfitter to go with preferably in BC so I can just drive up. I'm up for doing backpack style or horse back.

jack88

Lil-Rokslider
Golden Bear, Bolen Lewis, or Wildcoast outfitters.

I would also check out Northwest Ranching and Outfitting, that's where the current world record came from.

All depends on how far you want to drive. I'd be calling sooner than later, most of these guys are heading out to the sheep shows/SCI conferences in the next couple months and if they aren't full already they will be after their run down south.

norsepeak

Lil-Rokslider
Copper River Outfitters. Jim Lancaster runs an excellent outfit and has tons of great goats.

Clarktar

WKR
Copper River Outfitters. Jim Lancaster runs an excellent outfit and has tons of great goats.
If you end up going with copper river, make sure you plan so extra days to explore the rivers in that area. Steelhead Taj Mahal Mahal

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

norsepeak

Lil-Rokslider
Norsepeak,
Have you gone with copper river then? What year?

Yes, I have hunted with Copper River 4 times. They have a fantastic goat area with excellent genetics. They have recently built a very comfortable hunting lodge/cabin up in the heart of the their goat territory. The food is ridiculous...I've gained weight every time I've been there..lol. I killed my goat with them in 2010. My cousin got his goat with them in 2013. I've also taken 2 moose with them. I did go on a late season predator hunt with them and the weather was horrible and I was not able to harvest. Jim treated me very well and offered to have me come back for another full hunt at no charge or take a 50% refund on the current hunt. I thought that was very generous professional of him. I will hunt with him again in the near future. He just picked up a new hunting area that he says has fantastic bears and moose. I think next will be a spring bear hunt with archery gear.

Clarktar

WKR
Yes, I have hunted with Copper River 4 times. They have a fantastic goat area with excellent genetics. They have recently built a very comfortable hunting lodge/cabin up in the heart of the their goat territory. The food is ridiculous...I've gained weight every time I've been there..lol. I killed my goat with them in 2010. My cousin got his goat with them in 2013. I've also taken 2 moose with them. I did go on a late season predator hunt with them and the weather was horrible and I was not able to harvest. Jim treated me very well and offered to have me come back for another full hunt at no charge or take a 50% refund on the current hunt. I thought that was very generous professional of him. I will hunt with him again in the near future. He just picked up a new hunting area that he says has fantastic bears and moose. I think next will be a spring bear hunt with archery gear.
Sounds dreamy. I think I will have look into the outfitter.

time killer

Lil-Rokslider
I met Jim yesterday at the SCI show in Dallas. Stand up guy.
I have a hunt booked with him for 17 and 18.

Sounds dreamy. I think I will have look into the outfitter.

OP
BasinBuster
Thanks this is great news. I will give him a call. And see if he has any openings