2016/2017 Shed Hunting Pic Heavy

OP
O

oopslala

FNG
Damn I need to get your guys #. I got 11 brown 7 white 2 chalk.

How was his grading, did it have to be perfect for brown?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ntgm37

Lil-Rokslider
When I sold last year I got $16/lb for browns, $12/lb for hard white, $10/lb for some cracking, and $5/lb for chalk/super chewed

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

16 a pound?! Who you sell to? Let me know what the prices are for you. It's $12 for me here...

rbljack

WKR
hoping to do some shed hunting (elk and Mule deer) in the mountains of New mexico this year. Planned to go last year, and never made it. Can you provide some tips on areas and places to look for? southern slopes? draws, ridges,? what areas would you focus on or is it just completely random and luck leads the way?

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Keys for antler hunting...walk many miles then walk more miles👍 Need to know where the animals are during drop time. Snow contingent, predator contingent and peeps contingent. Then look for bedding areas and transition areas with some southern exposure. Every area of country different due to above variables. The best learn habits and watch until drop. Good luck.......as a side note shed hunting can bring a lot of knowledge about the elk/deer, the area you will be hunting,can be more work than the gym and some cash to have fun with! this sale was the collection of 3 yrs and brought in $3000 on mostly number 2 and 3 grade antlers....

Last edited:
OP
O

oopslala

FNG
Ended up going back to Michigan to take care of some things. Heading back out in a week or two to hit the mountains. Found this whitetail set on my dad's farm
ca7ea420c959eefcb53535176eb58dc3.jpg

NVCHUKAR

WKR
I love shed hunting but hope the market drops to worthless. To many unethical shed hunters due to the recent value to horns.

OP
O

oopslala

FNG
decd2f92c38d101ac48fd8c4dacc59a8.jpg
ee72aeeebbd7f5f5bc74cb557e9e35c8.jpg

Found a couple chalkers. Tried to move higher up in elevation to have the brakes go out in the process, that was a damn headache. Now the pooch and I are in a hotel waiting for Monday to roll around tomorrow and get back in the mountains