2014 Stone Glacier Packs

E Wa Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Kurt, I can only imagine how busy you are! I really like your design! After watching most of the current videos I only have one additional question, how many if any, pockets are on the inside of the pack? Or is your design more like a large "duffel" style that a person would use stuff sacks to separate gear. Personally l like the load shelf design that you pack has and the easy use of it.
A guy by the name of jerry from bethel ak says high, and told me to contact you bout your packs.
Thanks
E Wa Hunter

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
E Wa Hunter - There are now a few more photos and info on our site and there is a pic of the internal pockets on the Sky bags, check the tabs on the page for each bag. There will be a link from the main page to both sizes as well as from the Products page, I just updated it a couple hours ago. The overview video will be online soon as well, working on that this evening and that will also show the 4 internal pocket layout.
Kurt

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Floorguy- The primary reason the frame is not sold separate is that it is not functional separate. That is the reason we started offering the Minimalist pack last year, it includes the load shelf and SG roll top bag which is the most basic package usable out of the box. However, if you have two bags and would like to purchase another frame, feel free to contact me as we can certainly work that out.
Kurt

Derek0525

WKR
Are the power pulls 2 for $5 or 1 for $5 want to order them but wanna make sure how many to order also do the new packs (without frame) come with the newer load shelf or do I need to order that also I have the older solo so it has the attached load frame but am looking to buy the 5100 bag also

AK Shane

Lil-Rokslider
AK Shane – That must be the pack that has been floating around Anchorage the last 2 years, it has the very first prototype 3 piece belt I built almost a year ago. I sent that one up for feedback just like yours, there have been 3 revisions since that first belt and lots of miles under load. I was not aware that particular belt was still floating around, I need to round it up or update it as it is not an accurate representation of the final product.
With the foam supplied with the 3 piece belt you can create that custom roll as you suggested, that is the primary function behind the design. The roll is adjustable vertically and the foam can be shaped to the user’s preference. There will also be foam blanks available for those that prefer a very aggressive lumbar pad or would like to further customize. There is really no limit on the sizing or shape you can create as the spacer mesh fabric will allow lots of flexibility. Hopefully you will get a chance to test the final product as I think you will find function and comfort quite different that your results with that prototype belt.

Thanks
Kurt

Kurt,
Yep, you're Alaska demo pack is the one I was able to try out. Good to hear you've made a few upgrades to this belt. I really liked the pack and frame but wasn't sold on the belt. With the belt upgrades and the new pack options I'm going to have to give SG another serious look.

I have some additional comments on the demo pack that I'll email over to you as well.

Cross

Lil-Rokslider
I second that, would like to see a demostration on these packs. Really like the idea so far.

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Bounds and Cross - I finished the editing an intro video yesterday, I will post it here on a new thread this evening when I get back to my laptop. The video will also be embedded on the Sky landing pages on our site later as well. Thanks for your patience, been a little crazy the last few days:)

Hi Kurt,
Trying to figure out when I can get to Bozeman to see your new Packs. I am planing on doing the "Run to the Pub" in March, but you might have to send a pack back to Helena with your mom. Looks to be a great year for SG.

Aaron

G Posik

WKR
Well I received my new sky 5100 and 1800 cu in bag today. Had my belt updated by Kurt to the new model. Between he new bag and belt the only improvement he could do now...... Would be........ To have someone carry this thing for me! Kurt you did an awesome job on the design and construction.

Glenn

Cross

Lil-Rokslider
Post a pic bud lets see it, we can a have a comparison with the 7k pack posted earlier

Hey Kurt any way i can get a free hat when i purchase my sky 5100, I mean it only seems fair:rolleyes:

great job glade to hear about all the positive reviews, look forward to putting some miles on it when I order mine.

S

Salmo-Priest

Just waiting for my Pistol to sell and I'm grabbing the 5100 sky also. For me the 5100 is the minimum cubic inches I'd want for a 7-10 day hunt just for my gear and food. Then expand it for the meat! Perfect IMO, no gadgets and extra crap to loose or forget. Really like the color of the packs too. Definitely not a big fan of camo.. Kudos to Kurt. He's done good...