Lil-Rokslider
CO: OTC archery elk either sex
WY: Antelope Buck rifle
Antelope Doe rifle
Mule Deer Buck rifle
WI: As many whitetails as I want.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Luke , you're such a conservationists ! If I had them I would be scheming night and day how to punch them all. I would bury my friends and families freezers in meat !

It would takesa lot of time and money to fill ALL of those tags...plus would mean I'd have to start 100% hunting for myself and not helping my friends...and thats not why I hunt...more fun to help other fill their tags. Plus no point in killing what you can't eat unless you're talking wolf and bears.

Last edited:

Shrek

WKR
I was just stirring the pot a little Luke. I 100% agree that helping others hunt is every bit as satisfying and sometimes more that hunting yourself.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I was just stirring the pot a little Luke. I 100% agree that helping others hunt is every bit as satisfying and sometimes more that hunting yourself.

HAHA I know it. Yeah nearly everytime its more satisfying helping other fill their tags....plus it means I still have a tag to burn right up to the end of the season...even if it means I don't get to end up punching my tag.

Daniel_M

WKR
HAHA I know it. Yeah nearly everytime its more satisfying helping other fill their tags....plus it means I still have a tag to burn right up to the end of the season...even if it means I don't get to end up punching my tag.

I'll vouch for Lukes willingness to spread the wealth.

Just a few months ago we began BS'ing over how we had the same tags, and had a fairly close plan of attack on how we wanted to execute it. Turn's out his priority was to help me punch my tag. Then as of very recent, we decided to chalk this trip up to a couples hunt when he mentioned Becca was going, so I added my gal to it. Next thing I know Luke is putting her online as our party's first shooter if we happen upon a moose in the area.

Seem's more often than not, his trips are for others and not centered around the tags he has in is own pocket.

Kudos bro. Tis a good way to show others that stewardship amongst us hunters is not a dying breed.

I believe quality and outcome differs with your mindset when you step foot out of the truck. Here in Alaska there's a long standing thought that originated amongst Alaskan Natives.

You don't go out to kill shit.
You don't talk about spilling blood.
Ssize doesn't matter.
Bragging is highly frowned upon.

It's a collective respect towards an animal that hasn't yet given it's life.

So rather...this fall. I plan on taking me a walkabout, and I'm gonna take a peak in some places. Who knows, I might catch me a moose, if not I'll still have a blast!

Anyways, I know much of the above has nothin to do with anythin..it just got me thinking!!

Last edited:

JasonGNV

FNG
NV mulie archery buck OTC
NV antelope rifle buck
NV lion

My buddys have
2 NV mulie rifle
2 NV cow elk rifle
NV desert bighorn rifle
NV bear
And lots of NV lion tags to fill

Last edited:

Hardstalk

WKR
2 nv rifle deer tags. (Me and bro in law)
2 nv antelope 1shorter than ears rifle 1longer than ears archery (me and bro in law)
1-nv bull tag (bro in law)
Possible az muley if time and funds allow.

HUNT

FNG
1 Dall Sheep tag - Alaska
1 Griz tag - Alaska (maybe)
1 Elk tag Washington
1 Deer tag Washington
1 Elk tag Idaho
1 Cougar tag Idaho
1 Bear tag Idaho
1 Hound hunter permit Idaho
1 Deer tag Montana

Last edited:

desertcj

WKR
Not exactly coveted tags, but I have...

-CA OTC AO deer

-CA OTC D7 deer

-Going to get a CA OTC bear tag as well.

Next year, I'm putting in for an X zone deer tag as well as an AZ archery deer and elk in some state...not sure yet.

MTNRCHR

Lil-Rokslider
Dall Sheep - AK Aug.
Moose - AK Sept.
Elk - CO Sept.
Antilope - WY Oct.
Wolf - ID Nov.
Thats all the vacation I have for the year!

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nv-deer muzzy
Or- elk muzzy( don't know if I will go)

I have several sheep and junior deer hunts I'm supposed to help out on so I'm very excited.