2013 Kuiu Icon Frame bag swap ?

? For the pack gurus here

Will a newer Kuiu bag fit on the older Icon frame ?
I have an Icon 5000 on a 2013 frame, looking to put a larger bag on for a sheep hunt this year.

Thanks for the help !!

Damon

I use my old Ultra frame with new suspension shoulder straps and waist belt and a newer 6000 Ultra bag. You can make it work, but you have to get creative with the buckles, and maybe cut a few off and switch, as they went to quick release from the old UL style buckles.

daved270

FNG
Had the same question too. I emailed them and they said when you order your new bag, just send them a email with the order number and they will send out a adapter kit with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
P
Had the same question too. I emailed them and they said when you order your new bag, just send them a email with the order number and they will send out a adapter kit with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks guy’s for the replies, I’ll reach out to Kuiu as well.

Pretty sure the 2013 frame is a different design than the Icon Pro style and the bags attach much different son one of the new bags will work with your frame. Post a picture of your pack and we can tell for sure.

If your looking to add more bag space to your current setup I would recommend trying to find a dry bag and sewing some attachment points/buckles on it and attaching it to the outside of your current bag.

OP
P
Yes you’re correct ! Spoke with Kuiu and being it’s an Icon not the Pro you can’t interchange bags to a newer version.

I have a couple different options just haven’t decided which way to ge yet.

Thank you everyone who replied and offered help !!

I got a bit lucky/unlucky as I broke my icon frame. They sent me an entire ICON pro 6000 as a warranty replacement. Much better pack. If you like KUIU, might just pony up for the entire system. I'm sure an enterprising individual could figure out a way to mount it however, but Id hate to risk the $$ and not have it fit.

OP
P
I got a bit lucky/unlucky as I broke my icon frame. They sent me an entire ICON pro 6000 as a warranty replacement. Much better pack. If you like KUIU, might just pony up for the entire system. I'm sure an enterprising individual could figure out a way to mount it however, but Id hate to risk the $$ and not have it fit.
I’ve thought about that, I have a SG 40/56 bag on the Evo frame. I can order another bag from them or pony up for a new Kuiu setup.

I like the SG, just the Kuiu has some different features I like a little more, pockets for organization and such.

Trying to maximize everything I already have in possession for the hunt.

Thanks for the help !

I’ve thought about that, I have a SG 40/56 bag on the Evo frame. I can order another bag from them or pony up for a new Kuiu setup.

I like the SG, just the Kuiu has some different features I like a little more, pockets for organization and such.

Trying to maximize everything I already have in possession for the hunt.

Thanks for the help !
They have some good sales periodically. I picked up a venture divide daypack for like $145 or so a few months ago.