1st Gen Exo 3500

Hammond

FNG
I have a friend selling his 1st Gen Exo 3500 and he said he would sell it to me for $200.00. It sounds like a screamin deal but what do you think? I had my heart set on a new Kifaru but that is $400 more and I just don't think I can pass up this deal. Just curious on thoughts about the 1st Gen Exo. Thanks!

I have that very pack and I love it. As long as it's in good shape that's a great deal. You could make a few bucks re-selling it here if for some crazy reason you didn't like it.

No question that deal can't be passed up. If you do let me know ;). Only issue with the original 3500 was the lid being sewn on to the side that faces away from you when wearing. What this did is allow things in the lid to slide down between my head/neck and the frame because the lid attachment straps hook to the frame behind your shoulders. It was t always a problem but when it was it was really annoying. Not $400 additional annoying though. I sold mine and updated to a 2015 5500

I've been running the original 3500. I've hunted in Alaska, Montana, Washington, and Idaho with it. In the offseason it's my hiking and shed hunting pack. If that pack is in good shape I'd buy it in a heartbeat and use the hell out of it.

OP
Hammond

Hammond

FNG
I think you guys are right. I'm going to scoop it up and see how it is. Like goodgrouper said, if for some reason I don't like it, I could probably sale it and make a few bucks. Thanks!

Now now now, lets not get hasty here. All this buy it now stuff. Let's slow down. I'll tell ya what , give me your buddies number and I'll talk to him and see for you whether it's worth your time. 😄
Seriously, that seems like a pretty good deal. Someday I'll have an Exo for sure.

Agreed. I bought one used, from the classifieds two years ago. I love it except it's ASAT, so hideous! But so comfortable. I keep trying to talk myself into getting a newer one but can't see how it could be much better (other than appearance).
On second thought... it has developed a slight squeak, maybe it's time!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk