1st Elk hunt hopefully in 2023

Hello. My name is Bill and I'm 55 and live in Georgia. I have 2 kids and 2 grandkids. Ive hunted here in Georgia most of my life - whitetail. Ive always wanted to go out west and hunt elk. I love the mountains, but our Smoky mountains pale in comparison to the size and vastness of the Rockies. I've had kidney cancer back in 2014-2015, and all was good until 5 months ago. Im taking treatment and it seems to be going well. But Ive decided I would like to get out west and hopefully chase some elk around this year. Ill be going with a work friend, and my son. I plan on spending some time on here, learning what I can from you all. I look forward to getting to know yall a little bit, and having some good conversation.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

P.S. Best of luck on your first elk hunt.

hiker270

WKR
Best of Luck Bill. Later this year when you kill that big 6x6 post pics and a story.

OP
N
Thanks y'all. I appreciate it. Ultimately, an awesome opportunity to spend some quality time with my son. But getting out in the wilderness and looking for such a majestic animal sounds like the time of my life.

buffsmoker

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like you have exactly the right attitude. If you keep it that way, you're pretty much guaranteed to have a great time. Best of luck to ya!

Travis907

WKR
Good luck and definitely keep the positive attitude through the hunt because it will pay off. Sounds like a lot of great memories will be made and that’s what is truly important!