1st day of the Colorado 2020 elk season..

def90

WKR
Well, I made it out today, winds were gusty and constantly changing directions, just when you would make a gameplan and get half way through the execution the wind would do a 180 and blow it out of the water.

Had an interesting encounter at 10,000 ft though. Took a break around noon along the edge of a small cluster of trees overlooking an open meadow that stretched down the hillside. Ate some lunch and then the sun hit me and I decided to lay down, rest my head on my pack and take a brief nap. Was in that in between lucid dream and awake state when I suddenly woke for whatever reason so I sat up and did a big stretch and yawn. Right at that moment something moved to my right about 20 feet away and I turned and looked, and it turned and looked, and it spun around and took off running as fast as it could across the meadow at which point I said to myself, “huh, there’s a bear!” His fur had a silver gray glint to it from the sun as it ran, Pretty cool experience, my 6th sense was working today.