180 ELDM Terminal performance.

OP
huntnful

huntnful

WKR
Haha, he is a great buck! I would "settle" for that guy any day. I'd have no qualms about killing him with a 77TMK, 80/88 or 108 ELDM or similar.

Well done, dude. Your posts are probably the ones that I have to fight feelings of envy on most consistently of anyone on this forum!
Thank you man. I appreciate it.

I absolutely know small calibers paired with big bullets kill too. But confidence is king, and this gun hammers.

Thank you man. I appreciate it.

I absolutely know small calibers paired with big bullets kill too. But confidence is king, and this gun hammers.
This is exactly it. Having to think about farther shots with my saum and 180 bergers is always nerve racking. When the Norma and 245 bergers are out to play I just send it😂

Drowe6

FNG
I shot this buck at 540 yards out of a 7prc impact velocity was ~2500fps. Shot entered behind the shoulder and send bone and bullet fragments though the vitals and lodged in the offside shoulder. I didn’t recover any significant part of the bullet. The heart lungs were a red mush and he didn’t take a step. I am extremely happy with how the 180 eldm performed. Picture is the entry hole.

Attachments

• IMG_3100.jpeg
    IMG_3100.jpeg
    348.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3094.jpeg
    IMG_3094.jpeg
    826.4 KB · Views: 32
OP
huntnful

huntnful

WKR
I shot this buck at 540 yards out of a 7prc impact velocity was ~2500fps. Shot entered behind the shoulder and send bone and bullet fragments though the vitals and lodged in the offside shoulder. I didn’t recover any significant part of the bullet. The heart lungs were a red mush and he didn’t take a step. I am extremely happy with how the 180 eldm performed. Picture is the entry hole.
Thank you for the added data! That’s a hell of a mule deer too!! Great buck!

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Cool buck!

ID_Matt

WKR
How about that TBAC RR can though?? Give me and @Lawnboi some feedback on that thing as we are waiting for ours to ship.

Drowe6

FNG
How about that TBAC RR can though?? Give me and @Lawnboi some feedback on that thing as we are waiting for ours to ship.
I started with an AB raptor 6 on this gun and it was miserable to shoot. I was skeptical about the RR but it does exactly what TB claims. I can shoot this rifle without worrying about recoil and spot my own impacts now. It’s definitely noticeably louder than a non braked can but I’ll take the extra couple of ounces and decibels for that much recoil reduction any day.

TxAggie15

FNG
Rolled a small boar tonight. Literally rolled him with a 180 ELDM off my tikka 7prc. Shot was about 85 yards. Entrance is a small punch exit had fragments of bone and jacket. First animal shot with this rifle after building. Figured I would test out and see how it would do before I started shooting other game. IMG_2484.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2483.jpeg
    IMG_2483.jpeg
    712.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2485.jpeg
    IMG_2485.jpeg
    580.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2486.jpeg
    IMG_2486.jpeg
    541.4 KB · Views: 4

ID_Matt

WKR
I started with an AB raptor 6 on this gun and it was miserable to shoot. I was skeptical about the RR but it does exactly what TB claims. I can shoot this rifle without worrying about recoil and spot my own impacts now. It’s definitely noticeably louder than a non braked can but I’ll take the extra couple of ounces and decibels for that much recoil reduction any day.
That’s exactly what I’m hoping for. Take some edge off but mostly recoil reduction.

Yours ship yet? I’m going to get in line for an S RR after my K RR ships.

I think it will be a big deal for larger calibers. Might make something bigger justifiable
Not yet. I’m a 5/1/24 order so i think i have a bit still. A close friend ordered early and got one of the first .375 bores that I’m aware of. He loves it

Lawnboi

WKR
That’s exactly what I’m hoping for. Take some edge off but mostly recoil reduction.

Not yet. I’m a 5/1/24 order so i think i have a bit still. A close friend ordered early and got one of the first .375 bores that I’m aware of. He loves it
Mines been a week out since the end of August. Every day it just moves a day. Hoping it’s soon, sounds like early February orders are filling