18.5” Kimber Hunter .270 !!!!

It’s only 75 fps slower with 3.5” of barrel difference. That doesn’t seem bad to me.

I guess yours is slower across the board than my 270win. My 150 grain Partitions are a touch over 3000fps out of a 22” barrel.

How fast is it without the suppressor?

It’s only 75 fps slower with 3.5” of barrel difference. That doesn’t seem bad to me.
I would take that all day long. I shoot everything suppressed. Only rifle I’ll own going forward with a 26” barrel is (1) 30cal magnum for more open terrain. I built a 20” 300wsm that is hammer in every aspect.

For you guys looking to shorten up and thread a Montana or Hunter in .30 cal, be careful because there isn’t enough meat in the barrel to be truly safe for suppressor use. I know people do it and use a 7/16 thread, but most gunsmiths and suppressor companies will tell you that it’s not safe.

For you guys looking to shorten up and thread a Montana or Hunter in .30 cal, be careful because there isn’t enough meat in the barrel to be truly safe for suppressor use. I know people do it and use a 7/16 thread, but most gunsmiths and suppressor companies will tell you that it’s not safe.
I sent mine to Shaen, he built on a shoulder flare so I can direct thread 5/8x24. It’s great.

I sent mine to Shaen, he built on a shoulder flare so I can direct thread 5/8x24. It’s great.

Got any pics? I’ve reached out to him a couple times since your other thread without any luck getting a response. Very curious to see what he does!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back