15x binos BANG FOR BUCK?

Boblee

FNG
Bang for buck is kinda subjective but I would say bushnell forge or meopta depending on budget .

Best glass bar none - Swaro SLC
Almost as good but less $ - Meopta B1.1+
Pretty darn good on a budget - Maven C4

Also lots of good deals come up used, Zeiss, Sig, Maven, Leupold, etc.

Best glass bar none - Swaro SLC
Almost as good but less $ - Meopta B1.1+
Pretty darn good on a budget - Maven C4

Also lots of good deals come up used, Zeiss, Sig, Maven, Leupold, etc.

Tell me more about your thoughts on the C.4’s. I can’t find much for reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell me more about your thoughts on the C.4’s. I can’t find much for reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like the rest of the C-series they’re really good for the money, much better than your typical Vortex Diamondback-type glass. But you’re not going to mix up C4’s and SLC’s.

TheGDog

WKR
Will be wearing contacts on the hunt, glasses seem to cause to many problems with fogging, rain etc
You should strongly consider going on a few hunts with those contacts first. Kind of depends on what issues with your eyes the contacts are supposed to be correcting. Also, for some of us, our eyes become much more sensitive when those things are in there. So with all the crud that blows into your eyes during some parts of the year out there... you really should see how you handle those contaminants in the field.

And something else to consider, especially if you'll be solo... would you be able to take out and put back in new contacts out in the field in the middle of nowhere without a bathroom mirror to look into and curse? Like if some crap blew into your eye and you rubbed and it EFFed up a contact? Or got under your contact, would you be able to switch em out out there in the field? Changes are, possibly not.

While fogging IS problematic during cold humid mornings when you're exerting.... There are things you can do to lessen the problem to some degree. It is indeed a major PITA, but you learn to do things like purse your lips downward when you exhale during those times. Especially when you're glassing in such conditions.

Also.... I would NOT use progressives, either in glasses or contacts, when I tried using progressives in glasses it was throwing off my aim. AND DEFINITELY DO NOT use progressive glasses if you're doing anything like MtnBiking! Depth perception in avoiding nearby obstacles was VERY No Bueno! Dangerously No Bueno!

With the progressive... I was no doubt holding the crosshairs where I believed I wanted the bullet to go. But parallax or whatever, the bullet was NOT going where it should have been, per what I saw in the scope. And this was with my favorite little .17 HMR rifle while gunning for small targets. So recoil not an issue. And I seldom miss with that rifle, like almost ever. With those glasses? 2 near misses in a row!

+1 for the ZEISS Conquest 15's