12x50 bino harness

armyjoe

Super Moderator
What harnesses are you guys using? I have been running a Marsupial and Outdoor Vision for my 10x42 but wondering about different options for my 12x50's

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I run the FHF and love it. I only want a bino cover and the FHF is minimal so it is small in size for the binos.

OP
armyjoe

armyjoe

Super Moderator
I run the FHF and love it. I only want a bino cover and the FHF is minimal so it is small in size for the binos.
What size are you running? Medium or Large?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

No question, Alaskan Guide Creations (AGC) is the best pack on the market. It is slightly bulkier than some of the other options, but it can carry all the essentials. As a guide, I know that when I grab my bino-harness, I've got everything I need. And if you're just out scouting, again, it has everything you'd need. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

I have three AGCs. One for my SLC 10s, one for my SLC 15s, and one for my Viper HD 8s (loaner pair). Did pick up a Kuiu Pro Harness for my 15s but not yet taken it out for a spin.

I agree 100% with NebraskaHunt that it is nice having everything right there. In addition to my binoculars, I also have my rangefinder, tags/licenses, lens cloth, and a spare magazine or ammo. They also make a great rear rest.

In my Kodiak C.U.B. with M.A.X. Pocket, I can carry:
- 10X binos in the main compartment
- rangefinder in the front compartment
- tags (maps and paperwork if needed) in the rear compartment
- wind checker in my left side compartment
- SD cards & chap stick in my right side compartment
- In the M.A.X. pocket I carry a small multi tool, havalon piranta knife, field dressing gloves, lens cleaning cloth, and possibly spare ammunition if packing a pistol.

Also, as an archery hunter I had some concerns about it getting in the way, but was presently surprised that there are no issues when archery hunting.

tdot

WKR
I'm using the smaller of the two sizes of the Kuiu Pro for my Swaro 12x EL. It is abit tight vertically, but it works well enough, just takes an extra second to ensure the lid is secure. I didnt want a larger case. So stayed as small as possible.

West.mass.hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I don't run 50's only 42's but I did have the Outdoor Vision and as nice as they were if you're using a compass or gps at all I wouldn't recommend the Outdoor Vision. The magnets threw them off. Switched them with AGC hybrid max and love that harness.
I always have my binos, rangefinder, license, and wind checker in them.
During predator season I throw in some diaphrams, couple 223 rounds and extra batteries for the foxpro.
Turkey season has a couple 12 gauge rounds, and diaphrams.
It is bulkier then others but wearing it during range time and hiking removed all worries I had about that

In my Kodiak C.U.B. with M.A.X. Pocket, I can carry:
- 10X binos in the main compartment
- rangefinder in the front compartment
- tags (maps and paperwork if needed) in the rear compartment
- wind checker in my left side compartment
- SD cards & chap stick in my right side compartment
- In the M.A.X. pocket I carry a small multi tool, havalon piranta knife, field dressing gloves, lens cleaning cloth, and possibly spare ammunition if packing a pistol.

Also, as an archery hunter I had some concerns about it getting in the way, but was presently surprised that there are no issues when archery hunting.

This.
In the M.A.X. pocket I'll add some jerky and/or candy bar. It's so versatile that if I don't need my spotter, or the weather won't be dictating a clothes swap, I'll leave my day pack in the truck. It's like wearing a well organized fanny pack, except you only need to look straight down for anything you need.

HuntNTag

WKR
I have a KUIU pro and I have the Alaskan guide creations Classic. Both are great. I personally tend to run the classic more due to having the range finder in the front pocket and I can slide my phone on the top if needed. I have 12x50 Meostar HD’s that I run out of both.

Last edited: