12 points wy elk

My son has 12 points for elk in Wyoming. He's thinking of going guided. Any recommendations?

It all depends on what unit he can draw. I have been told what drew with 10 last year will be 12 this year due to changes coming up.....I would suggest using one of the hunting online services like GoHunt, Epic or Huntinfool to find out the right unit/outfitter for 12 points this year.

Overdrive

WKR
What type of guided hunt is he looking for? Wilderness horse hunt? Private Land?

I guide for an outfitter on private land, last I spoke with my boss they still had openings for 2023 and I'd be happy to give you their information, just shoot me a DM.

OP
W
I think he would like a wilderness horse back type, but those hunts are as much as some ranch hunts!

If the size of a bull is the most important thing I’d say private land. But if you want good bulls and a great experience I’d say a wilderness hunt on horses.

OP
W
If the size of a bull is the most important thing I’d say private land. But if you want good bulls and a great experience I’d say a wilderness hunt on horses.
Those wilderness hunts are awesome. I also know how much time and money goes into those hunts! It's definitely not easy getting camp back in there! Good stock is a must have too.

Neil

FNG
I also have 12 points and wanting to know the best outfitter for either a ranch hunt or wilderness hunt

Split the points with him and both of you go on a general tag hunt to cherish the memories

12 gets ya close but not “the best” areas. But… outfitter should be able to put the odds in his favor “for the opportunity” to drop an elk.

Rem - there is no given in hunting. Even Getting there is 1/4 the challenge and that’s just the beginning.

Lots goes into hunting big game. A lot more than a lot of money too.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk