$100k to Convert Tikka Stock to Rokstok While I (Im)patiently Wait

Lucky enough to have both access to expensive equipment AND my boss lets me use it for personal projects. End result is looking pretty good:

Printed Part.jpg

Modeled up the original Rokstock design for reference and grip angle (though I obviously don't have the real contour/palm swell:
Rokstock.jpg

3D Scanned the factory grip and stock with a $70k 3D scanner:
Stock Scan.jpg

Modeled new grip with grip angle and 1.7" trigger reach, but with proper blend into the stock and pushing the Tikka grip radius forward:
New Grip Model.jpg

Added interior supports, though I beefed them up a hair. Not that it was needed, as I printed in PEEK on an industrial 3D printer so it's strong as shit and won't deflect in heat like other material I've experimented with in the past. I have a version with texture, but the smooth model looks nicer and the build lines in the printed part give a similar feel to traction tape, so I don't feel it's needed.
Final Model.jpg

More to come, gotta do something about that silly factory recoil pad position!

Bert01

FNG
This is awesome, we have a shop that we can do our own projects in also. I’ve started chambering my own barrels and bought my own desktop cnc. We have Faro equipment too but I don’t have time to do everything I want to. It is good to work for a small business sometimes though.

TheM1DoesMyTalking

Lil-Rokslider
Cool project! Looks like fun to model, scan and hit the print button.

I think there would be a market for more 3rd party grip options beyond the couple that Tikka offers.

I'm looking forward to your recoil pad solution.

OP
K
This is awesome, we have a shop that we can do our own projects in also. I’ve started chambering my own barrels and bought my own desktop cnc. We have Faro equipment too but I don’t have time to do everything I want to. It is good to work for a small business sometimes though.
That's cool, we don't have any machining capability in-house but I'd love to be able to do all my own work!

We sell Creaform scanners, though we are right down the road from Faro HQ, and my boss was one of the original engineers who helped steer the development toward metrology work.

OP
K
Cool project! Looks like fun to model, scan and hit the print button.

I think there would be a market for more 3rd party grip options beyond the couple that Tikka offers.

I'm looking forward to your recoil pad solution.
I appreciate it!

I think the tough part would be beating the $20 price tag that Tikka asks. I didn't look at the retail price but 3D prints are relatively expensive, especially with the better engineering plastics, and I'd have to sell a ton of grips to pay for a mold!

But people spend stupid money on their guns, so who knows :ROFLMAO:

I've gotta do a little cutting on the end of the stock, I'm waiting on the recoil pad to come in so I can get the exact dimensions and screw size. Will have it wrapped up soon.

Loper

WKR
That's cool, we don't have any machining capability in-house but I'd love to be able to do all my own work!

We sell Creaform scanners, though we are right down the road from Faro HQ, and my boss was one of the original engineers who helped steer the development toward metrology work.
Are you in Central Florida?