10 shot cold bore test at 890 yds

Piercision Rifles

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Well I got to do a 890 yard 10 shot cold bore test with my 22" 300 WSM and 215 bergers at 2670 fps. I waited atleast 12 hours between each shot. Sometimes a couple days. Direct thread Silencerco Scythe TI was taken off between each shot and scope was returned to zero. Wasn't dead calm when I would shoot and was in all different directions throughout the test. I had between 1.1 mil left windage and .6 mil right wind for all the shots. This is a 5.5 moa window for wind calls. There was also a 35 degree range in temperatures. The kestral was perfect.

3.5" vertical and 15.75" left and right. 8 out of 10 shots were in a 7" group. 5 out of 10 shots were in a 3" group.
10 shot 890 yd vertical.jpg10 shot group.jpg430909470_3656053208016147_6738453193706198162_n.jpg

OP
Piercision Rifles

Piercision Rifles

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Nice, I like the large group over multiple days cold bore thing. Very cool
thanks. i know if i shoot a 3 shot group quickly itll be 2" or less vertical with this gun at 890. I wanted to see how everything including the kestrel and load would react to having it spread out over so many days with varying temps etc. Its spot on if I call the wind correct.

Slick8

Lil-Rokslider
That impressive shooting sir.

I try to do something similar as we get close to season but it's $15 per day for essentially one shot. Although I typically shoot more once there. I have a 600 yard public range fairly close to the house and on the way home from work.

I'll stop an shoot a couple times after work and then again first thing in the morning on weekends. Giving a 20 degree temp swing and slight difference in wind. The afternoon mirage can be tough but it's also real world experience.

I've also taken 1 shot 2-600 at that range dialing back to zero and chilling my rifle in the truck between shots. My back seat vents will get it so cold I have to cover the scope so it doesn't fog over when I bring it out to the gulf coast humidity.

RMM

WKR
Nice shooting! Side note, what's the brake on the end of the Scythe?

I’m using the same brake on my scythe but on a 6 creed. Seems to reduce recoil more but hard to say in a rifle that doesn’t kick much to start. Have you experienced a noticeable different from the 3 port on the heavier recoiling cartridge?

Nice rifle and nice shooting.

RMM

WKR
I’m using the same brake on my scythe but on a 6 creed. Seems to reduce recoil more but hard to say in a rifle that doesn’t kick much to start. Have you experienced a noticeable different from the 3 port on the heavier recoiling cartridge?

Nice rifle and nice shooting.
Have either of you taken note if the suppression level seems to suffer from the 3 port brake? Conventional wisdom would say yes, but I'm curious

Have either of you taken note if the suppression level seems to suffer from the 3 port brake? Conventional wisdom would say yes, but I'm curious
Yes, it does.

Look up the TBAC silencer summit results where they tested a sico omega with flat cap and also one with the same 3 port anchor brake. The numbers indicate a clear difference.