1:8 Tikka .243 velocities

satchamo

WKR
I’ve reached pressure before I could achieve similar velocity to what I was getting out of a mild load in a same length barrel quite a few times. This .243 I’ll have to shoot unknowns loads for awhile because I don’t have access to my bench so I won’t be able to chase pressure anyways.

I shoot unknowns with 103 eldx (it’s all they had in stock last year) and they shot extremely well. I also had great luck with copper creek shooting 105 bergers and they shoot equally as good.

I love the rifle but the only downside to the 1:8 twist is you’re either reloading or buying boutique ammo if you’re wanting to get the best out of the rifle.

I can see why folks would do a 6 creed prefit over the factory fast 243 for this very reason.

Anyone have velocities with H4350 and Hornady 105 BTHP’s? The Hornady beginning load is above book max for my other two references. Curious where others have landed.

Last edited:
OP
Timberline001
I shoot unknowns with 103 eldx (it’s all they had in stock last year) and they shot extremely well. I also had great luck with copper creek shooting 105 bergers and they shoot equally as good.

I love the rifle but the only downside to the 1:8 twist is you’re either reloading or buying boutique ammo if you’re wanting to get the best out of the rifle.

I can see why folks would do a 6 creed prefit over the factory fast 243 for this very reason.
For sure. Unknown would have been my only option most of the time as my reloading bench is back home at not at school with us. That’s why I went with the creed.