035 NV Archery Mule Deer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, this year I drew my first archery mule deer tag in my home state of Nevada in unit 035. I plan on scouting the unit out for at least a day this coming weekend and am going to try to get down there at least one more time before the season starts. After looking at biologist reports and forums, I have put a focus on the North Jackson range in my e-scouting. I am also a college student and do not have a ton of experience when it comes to hunting mule deer, especially archery, but I'm in solid shape and do not mind putting on some miles to get in deer. I have a truck, but no atv, so outside of main roads I'll have to be on foot for the most part. Any tips regarding areas to avoid, things to look out for, previous experiences etc. will be very much appreciated.

BBob

WKR
You probably aren’t going to get any unit specific info. But congratulations on your tag. There’s a ton of general info here on Rokslide for hunting that type of terrain and deer.

A moderator will normally stop by and post this to any FNG asking for unit specific questions:

"Welcome to Rokslide. You should take an opportunity to look around a bit and you'll find this community is pretty awesome.

Now unfortunately we aren't letting FNG's (new guys) post up unit specific questions. Any unit question/answers remain out in the world wide webs forever, which can doom some really great spots.

Rokslide's administrations expectation is that all long standing Rokslide members will understand and support this concept and take all such conversations to private message.

Yes it's a hassle to join and be part of this community but the rewards are worth the effort including the ability to send and receive private messages.

Hope to see you active in the forums, and good luck on your hunt, that's a really good tag."

Status
Not open for further replies.