Weatherby 307 rifle stock

My hunting buddy just bought one in 300 win.mag. The forearm on the stock is super flimsy anyone else noticed this that has one.

grfox92

WKR
My hunting buddy just bought one in 300 win.mag. The forearm on the stock is super flimsy anyone else noticed this that has one.
Yes. It's in another 307 thread. I posted about handling them at Scheels and being blown away. How Adam and the QC guys at Weatherby signed off on those being the guns for the premier of a new generation of rifle for Weatherby is nothing short.of mind-blowing.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

I looked one and it is by far the flimsiest stock out there. The good news is that rifle is a 700 clone so aftermarket stocks are everywhere. They’re pretty much selling a barreled action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buffybr

Lil-Rokslider
I'm old school and prefer fancy walnut stocks, but I do have Weatherby's Vanguard Griptonite stocks on 4 of my rifles. IMO the 307 rifle is the ugliest product in the Weatherby line!

OP
L
Spoke to my buddy today he is totally disgusted with the stock, said he is now looking for a good chassis to mount the action and barrel in. You would think Weatherby would have caught this in the developmental phases of the gun.

letrbuck

WKR
It's about like 90% of the other injection molded plastic stocks out there. Either get a different stock for it or rockite the forend

OP
L
It's about like 90% of the other injection molded plastic stocks out there. Either get a different stock for it or rockite the forend
I think you are wrong there, some of the other low end stocks are a bit flimsy but I never seen one flex as much as this one, In my opinion this was a direct result in a attempt to cut weight that did not turn out to well and was left slide through perhaps thinking no one would notice you would think with a name such as Weatherby and the reputation that follows the brand the development would of caught this and fixed it.

It's pretty dang flexible and you'd hope someone introducing a rifle in that class would know better but it's among company.. Christensen ridgeline, xbolt composite sporter stocks for example are also noodles.