Unit 2 Kansas

Found one that had openings. But said put a deposit and if you don’t draw we will roll it over
until next year. I did not want to roll thousands
Until next year. This would take money from next years hunt. The plan is Spain in 2025
Results are not out yet as far as I know

Unit 2 is more mule deer country than whitetail. The state published and annual deer harvest report by GMU. on average 3 times more mule deer are taken in 2 than whitetails. Not that you can't do it, just better animal densities in the eastern half of the state.

My understanding is if you draw a white tail tag you can apply for the Mule deer stamp
The outfitter I spoke to said the produce
140-150 whitetails and. 180 mule deer on average You never know.

Check out the harvest reports. The difference in unit 2 vs the eastern third of the state is staggering in terms of whitetail #s which equates to population densities.

Not trying to knock unit 2, just making a suggestion so you're in an area that a higher harvest rate... Especially if you're paying for a guide.

Out of curiosity, how much are you paying? I've been thinking about starting a brokering service to connect landowners with hunters. I know quite a few land owner/farmers who could definitely benefit from the extra income... But I didn't know how many NRs do you think would prefer a lower cost option to get private land access vs a fully guided experience? Thx

I have not paid anything i refuse to if there was a rollover instead of a refund. If I did not draw I wanted a refund mot a rollover to the next year
The outfitter that I contacted would not refund if drawn. I choose 4 different units. As prefrence.
I have found another outfitter to call if drawn

Anyone know when results come out

Back