Spartan Javelin Pro Hunt Tac Bipod Review, By Jim Carr

Great review. Matches my personal experience with them very well (Razco also makes a great holster for them, btw). With all the marketing around the new Gunwerks bipod I was thinking it might take on Spartan for the top slot of lightweight hunting bipods, but that seems to have fizzled out pretty hard with their Gen 1 teething problems. Definitely like the rugged simplicity of the Spartan stuff.

Great review. I’ve been enjoying my Spartan Pro long for a number of years. After trying the Tac legs though, there’s no doubt that’s the way to go for me.

Question for those shooting longer distances with it, there’s a little play in the adaptor, so are you loading into that, or just letting it rest before pulling the trigger,

Great review and I think Rob would agree, it is foremost a hunting tool, not a benchrest tool. For the bench I'm grabbing the Atlas BT-72. Spartan however does have a new disk lock system coming out this year for the guys who do want a tool with quality finishing for military, bench and PRS work. These bipods are a lot heavier, attach permanently in a second and although some will use for hunting, I think they have attributes more suited for PRS, Military application.

423105526_404116948662924_2578026522776419739_n.jpg426564833_770243058317363_6145626490431342308_n.jpg426620740_764633271927042_898645501828083397_n.jpg

@Justin (Raz) Rasmussen, your company and FHF both make holders for the Spartan bipod - I'd personally welcome some info on yours here. What are some advantages with your design?
Securely snaps in and has a bungee retention, ambidextrous mounting, multiple mount types available, very low profile and light weight, works with all leg lengths and adjusters.

Is happy antelope the go-to for getting one of these? Wondering if the long legs are worth getting, but I am considering getting a pro-hunt as well as a spring bok for sitting-height. Do these go on sale any time?

Is happy antelope the go-to for getting one of these? Wondering if the long legs are worth getting, but I am considering getting a pro-hunt as well as a spring bok for sitting-height. Do these go on sale any time?

Yes, and the mounting accessories; have gotten m-lok mounts for the bipod from them. The guy who runs it is fairly active on here, and would also be a good recommend for anything you might be interested in for big-bore/Africa rifles. Good guy.

I would reccomend the Long for hunting for sure. We used the springbok on a stag few days ago in NZ about 300 yards for a straight up crazy angle shot, was the perfect tool. I have everything in stock. Heading back from NZ in the am, if you want to PM me I'll give you a call in a few days when I am back and we can discuss the Pro Hunt vs Pro Hunt Tac, etc.

I would reccomend the Long for hunting for sure. We used the springbok on a stag few days ago in NZ about 300 yards for a straight up crazy angle shot, was the perfect tool. I have everything in stock. Heading back from NZ in the am, if you want to PM me I'll give you a call in a few days when I am back and we can discuss the Pro Hunt vs Pro Hunt Tac, etc.
Thanks, I definitely like the leg mechanism more on pro hunt tac. I may go ahead and get that and get a springbok before next fall.

Great review and I think Rob would agree, it is foremost a hunting tool, not a benchrest tool. For the bench I'm grabbing the Atlas BT-72. Spartan however does have a new disk lock system coming out this year for the guys who do want a tool with quality finishing for military, bench and PRS work. These bipods are a lot heavier, attach permanently in a second and although some will use for hunting, I think they have attributes more suited for PRS, Military application.

View attachment 670616View attachment 670617View attachment 670618

Attachments

• C207FF65-05B9-402F-AA24-546357C41F20 (2).jpeg
    C207FF65-05B9-402F-AA24-546357C41F20 (2).jpeg
    551.9 KB · Views: 44
Back