RokStok

Axlrod

WKR
what's the deal with le green rokstocks then?
I talked to Blaine at UM on Mon. about a gun they are building for me (ordered mid feb). The gun will be done by the end of the month. He said my LE Rokstok would be done soon (ordered Dec 21). He offered to go to another part of the building and ask for sure. I told him "soon" was good enough. Seems like he said they are still getting 30 stocks per week.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
what's the deal with le green rokstocks then?
The LE green is taking longer because the exposed carbon is a little different and harder to make look pretty for a lack of a better word in the layup process. So they are taking extra time to produce, and Jessica is a perfectionist . Stocky’s has them in production and they should be shipping soon. All things consider there won’t be many green ones in the world and they are worth wait. They look awesome!

974624a9e4198c7d4034d936ac866b19.jpg

Last edited:
The LE green is taking longer because the exposed carbon is a little different and harder to make look pretty for a lack of a better word in the layup process. So they are taking extra time to produce, and Jessica is a protectionist. Stocky’s has them in production and they should be shipping soon. All things consider there won’t be many green ones in the world and they are worth wait. They look awesome!

Awesome!! Thanks for the update

prm

WKR
The LE green is taking longer because the exposed carbon is a little different and harder to make look pretty for a lack of a better word in the layup process. So they are taking extra time to produce, and Jessica is a protectionist. Stocky’s has them in production and they should be shipping soon. All things consider there won’t be many green ones in the world and they are worth wait. They look awesome!

I was not a fan of the green shown awhile back. Breaking it up with grip and forend texture and the cheek piece makes it look much better. Darn nice in fact.

The LE green is taking longer because the exposed carbon is a little different and harder to make look pretty for a lack of a better word in the layup process. So they are taking extra time to produce, and Jessica is a perfectionist . Stocky’s has them in production and they should be shipping soon. All things consider there won’t be many green ones in the world and they are worth wait. They look awesome!

Ryan, thanks for the update! With the grip texture being machined into the molds, will the production green stocks still have the green weave running through both grip areas, or will they look like your pre-production stock?

For anyone else that has this issue. I was struggling with being unable to latch my factory tikka mag into the bottom metal today. The mag latch was sticking and wouldn't retain the msg even though the mag was fully inserting.

I called UM and they suggested I look at the mag latch, and that sometimes a burr on the latch would drag it on the bottom metal especially with a tight inlet.

Turns out it’s dumber than that and I just didn’t notice that the little latch retaining pin had walked out when I installed. This made the whole thing bind up in the inlet and pinch the mag latch so it wouldn’t move

Mag latch retaining pin
D642F86E-6253-4C00-A413-F96074A90BCD.jpeg8101ABC4-98B8-4D98-AC53-EB94A22307FA.jpeg

My dummy award
5880A2F8-56DE-4C36-88AE-D272502EF260.jpeg

Anyway problem solved, UM was very helpful with a quick call.

TheCougar

WKR
5 months… 12/21 order for the standard “tear” pattern. I got two eForm approvals in the last 2 weeks. Now just waiting for the email from UM. Anyone have any updates? I left a message and an email, but nothing yet. I know they are busy with guys like me who are getting antsy.

Last edited:

slowelk

WKR
A few weeks ago Jessica/Stocky's said that 1/3 of all the Rokstoks that had been ordered were completed from their end. I would assume that the majority of orders were in the first few days, but it's still surprising that most that ordered on launch day still don't have stocks.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
A few weeks ago Jessica/Stocky's said that 1/3 of all the Rokstoks that had been ordered were completed from their end. I would assume that the majority of orders were in the first few days, but it's still surprising that most that ordered on launch day still don't have stocks.
Or, are we just hearing from those who don't have them? Mine should arrive tomorrow. I bet 50% or more were ordered on 12/21.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Likely, but I feel like most of the people ordering stocks have been active in this 242 page thread, and would post. All conjecture.
Could be, though I think 400 to 500 Tikka stocks sold, and I don't think that many are active on this thread in the past few months.

Plus, once someone gets their stock, I bet they try to forget about this monstrosity of a thread. Those of us without them are still at the bitchfest table. I know I'm a happier person on this topic now that mine has shipped.

I loaded up 50 308 rounds yesterday so I can directly compare it to factory plastic. Need to get that done before my 243 barrel gets back from threading and I stop using the 308.

yeti12

Lil-Rokslider
Likely, but I feel like most of the people ordering stocks have been active in this 242 page thread, and would post. All conjecture.
I ordered a couple days after they became available, changed my cerakote order and still don't have mine.

Glad to be of assistance to you all 🤣

TheCougar

WKR
I never changed my order, unless you consider calling them to cancel part of my order “changing” and thus dropping to the bottom. Which is crap, if that’s what happened.

I’m not sure if the hold up is on molds or cerakote. If they only ordered 5 tikka molds, they made an economic decision at the expense of their promised timeline. Am I pissed? No. But I would be willing to bet a vast majority of us fully expected them to be through the first day of orders at the 5 month point.