RokStok

New 6PRC/22 CM. This stock suck ass. Straight up. Nothing is functional improvements and everything is just wiz bang crap lol.

View attachment 710966

Can’t wait to swap it out when the rok stok shows up. And I’ll have legit first hand comparisons. As well as video through the scope of recoil management using both stocks. That steep toe angle puts me 2 Mils high after recoil, and the gun feels like shooting a damn pellet gun lol.

View attachment 710968
Also rokslide and smaller cartridges are wearing off on me (aka actually making sense) lol. So I also got a smaller bolt face and a 22 CM barrel to swap to once I fully accept my fate 🙌🏼
What stock is that?

T_Widdy

FNG
Shoot2HuntU
Preproduction model grip upgrade (no grip molded in). Will see how grippy the leather works out to be. This is not leather from Unknown Munitions, I have no doubt theirs will actually look good.
View attachment 710848View attachment 710849
@Bluumoon if the leather doesn’t work out, I used the Cerakote supergrip on mine and it feels pretty good, idk how long it will hold up, but it’s better than the smooth carbon. Can’t wait to get my ordered one with the molded in grip!

Attachments

• IMG_5729.jpeg
    IMG_5729.jpeg
    366.6 KB · Views: 187

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
@Bluumoon if the leather doesn’t work out, I used the Cerakote supergrip on mine and it feels pretty good, idk how long it will hold up, but it’s better than the smooth carbon. Can’t wait to get my ordered one with the molded in grip!
Looks good. Pretty happy the feel of the leather. Smallest adhesive amount I could find was 1qt, so I’m prepared for a few reglues if needed.

Is that a 6 round waters mag? Do you know what generation it is? And has it worked well for you?
In the pic is actually a 6 round waters .223 mag. It’s the same size as the 308/6.5. It has a block spacer for cartridge length just like tikkas. I actually had to mark them today before shooting because of that mistake.
The generation I bought is his newest 6.2. It loads and feeds well, but damn they are a tight fit in both his bottom metal and factory tikka plastic bottom.
I have had to take 400 grit sandpaper to them to work easier but they are still hard to get to positively lock in with out smacking it hard with palm of hand. I am hoping they will get better with time, wear and round metal down.
Waters Rifleman website says they are a tight fit and paint will be worn off as it’s metal on metal with use. I just didn’t think it would be that much effort!
I like them enough so far but do not know if they are worth the money overall. I hope UM bottom metal and mags for Tikka happen asap.

sram9102

WKR
Pardon my ignorance. Can you remove the bolt from a Tikka in a rokstock without removing the action from the stock? It looks like it would be close with the negative comb. Probably not worth worrying about and just my laziness showing, but with a switch barrels setup it would be nice.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Pardon my ignorance. Can you remove the bolt from a Tikka in a rokstock without removing the action from the stock? It looks like it would be close with the negative comb. Probably not worth worrying about and just my laziness showing, but with a switch barrels setup it would be nice.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
Yes, the bolt comes out without issue

Been reading some approve posts about the felt recoil reduction.

For those that have shot the rifle before and after the Rokstok, is there an approx % of reduction for the felt recoil and ability to spot hits/misses?

In your experience was the felt recoil / spotting hits significantly improved?
Honestly can’t tell much difference in the felt recoil in such light hitting caliber‘s with a suppressor. We went back and forth from the 6.5 in the Rokstock to the .243 and .223 Tikkas with factory compact stocks ( for the kids). They are all low recoil rounds. We are not shooting heavy hitters, so these are all easy to spot and stay on target with.

The best part about Rokstok to me is the cheek weld on the high comb, vertical grip with short trigger reach and the palm swell. It feels great in hand and great to shoot from multiple positions. They did a great job with the Rokstok. 🤘

Mike250

FNG
Classified Approved
Did anyone get any of the 700 longs yet? I thought they were supposed to ship earlier?

One of the recent podcasts said they started with R700 medium to make sure it fit their bottom metal perfectly. That the R700 are running. That after the initial run they want to have them on the shelf and in stock ready for cerakote.

Last edited:
In the pic is actually a 6 round waters .223 mag. It’s the same size as the 308/6.5. It has a block spacer for cartridge length just like tikkas. I actually had to mark them today before shooting because of that mistake.
The generation I bought is his newest 6.2. It loads and feeds well, but damn they are a tight fit in both his bottom metal and factory tikka plastic bottom.
I have had to take 400 grit sandpaper to them to work easier but they are still hard to get to positively lock in with out smacking it hard with palm of hand. I am hoping they will get better with time, wear and round metal down.
Waters Rifleman website says they are a tight fit and paint will be worn off as it’s metal on metal with use. I just didn’t think it would be that much effort!
I like them enough so far but do not know if they are worth the money overall. I hope UM bottom metal and mags for Tikka happen asap.

Thanks for the feedback. I have a couple 223 10 rounders that have worked well but I haven't used em much because I put the rifle in a KRG Bravo pretty shortly after getting them. Now with rokstok and possibly KRG Echo I need to consider getting some 308/creedmoor pattern mags with higher capacity. I think I'd mostly be ok with factory 5 rounders but definitely want more for matches.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU

Fwiw.......I also had to rough up the smooth carbon on the pre production stock. Rustoleum texture rattle can......it feels like about 400 grit sandpaper or so. If I can keep it away from a particular individual, it should last a range session or two.😉

Randy20240511_174501.jpg20240512_072123.jpg

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
Been reading some approve posts about the felt recoil reduction.

For those that have shot the rifle before and after the Rokstok, is there an approx % of reduction for the felt recoil and ability to spot hits/misses?

This isn’t a percent based answer, but here’s my experience. I had a chance to shoot a friends Rokstok yesterday, which was on a Tikka lite 308 shooting 175 grain bullets. I shot it back to back with my rifle, a Tikka lite in 6.5CM shooting 130 grain bullets in the factory stock upgraded with cheek riser, vertical grip and limbsaver recoil pad. Both rifles weigh about the same, I’d guess within 8 oz if one another. I would say recoil impulse at the shoulder felt similar for both rifles but the ability to spot shots was significantly better with the Rokstok. I also found it significantly more comfortable and better balanced than my upgraded Tikka stock.

Given the difference in recoil between those cartridges/bullets, I’m guessing that’s roughly a 15-20% improvement if felt recoil but someone smarter than me should run the numbers to confirm.