RokStok

unfortunately they didn’t have the molds with the texture built in for those ones, which sucks because the texture on the one I just got is awesome. They added it to mine after the fact and I should have that in hand to compare next week.
Do you know if all the LE stocks going forward will have the texture?

@Unknown Munitions Any chance of clarifying the status of the LE green stocks?

If I’m understanding the posts above right, some LE green have texture and some don’t? Or just the very first few didnt?

I haven’t seen any being shipped yet based on this thread. It’d seem unlikely that people would order LE green stocks without being rokslide members and aware of this thread so hopefully someone can clarify.

I haven’t changed my order but if LE doesn’t have grip texture I’d be tempted to call and change it…

Good afternoon
Has anyone received a Remington footprint rokstok yet?
I was and am late to this party unfortunately
I ordered a Remington LA about a month ago after listening to a s2h podcast about the design not knowing anything about unknown munitions I am still slightly confused about lead times
I saw 90 days + 4-5 weeks give or take
But then also saw Remingtons might be closer to the 90 days

Anyone willing to catch me up briefly?
I would very much like to avoid reading 200+ pages

Mounted it up tonight. Fit and finish seem good enough. Could definitely knit pick some imperfections but that doesn’t bother me too much. First impressions dry firing it in the house… definitely need taller rings. I am fairly big 6’3” and put the gun as close to the center of my body as possible. No chance on getting a consistent cheek weld without really cranking my head awkwardly. I’ll reach out to UM to switch to mediums. Grip is awesome. Different than almost anything else I’ve tried, in a good way. Puts your finger right in a 90 degree position without even thinking about it. Hope to get out next week and shoot it. Have a few hundred rounds of 223 to burn and some 6 creed.

DCFDD151-EC74-4F27-B1EE-D24B565B3B4E.jpeg

Mounted it up tonight. Fit and finish seem good enough. Could definitely knit pick some imperfections but that doesn’t bother me too much. First impressions dry firing it in the house… definitely need taller rings. I am fairly big 6’3” and put the gun as close to the center of my body as possible. No chance on getting a consistent cheek weld without really cranking my head awkwardly. I’ll reach out to UM to switch to mediums. Grip is awesome. Different than almost anything else I’ve tried, in a good way. Puts your finger right in a 90 degree position without even thinking about it. Hope to get out next week and shoot it. Have a few hundred rounds of 223 to burn and some 6 creed.

View attachment 709787

I really like the bare carbon look.

View attachment 709787
That looks great love that bare carbon

My R700 update. Earlier this week I was on the phone with Unknown about a different order I was placing. They saw and offered an update on a rifle build I ordered on the November sale and I happily obliged. It was offered so choose the rokstock. I was told that’s all we’re waiting on yet. Both Ace barrels are spun for 6.5 saum improved and one on the Bat action already, Whidden dies are done, scope, rings, brass, trigger etc are all ready to go. It’ll happen soon enough.

View attachment 709787
This looks like a high desert bottom metal. Did you have to use any shims like @mxgsfmdpx ?

Got mine today, fit and finish was good and the grip/fore-end texture is just right (even the straight cerakote has some texture to it). The only minor complain is the barrel is slightly off-center in the barrel channel. Cheek weld is a big improvement over factory with SM mediums. The RS with its thin LimbSaver recoil pad/no rail mount/sling studs was 30 oz. which is heavier than the factory stock with a thick aftermarket LimbSaver unit by ~1.5 oz. Looking forward to shooting it later this week.

- 10%er
Can you put up a pic? If it is what I am picturing, I’d send that back in a heartbeat.

Good afternoon
Has anyone received a Remington footprint rokstok yet?
I was and am late to this party unfortunately
I ordered a Remington LA about a month ago after listening to a s2h podcast about the design not knowing anything about unknown munitions I am still slightly confused about lead times
I saw 90 days + 4-5 weeks give or take
But then also saw Remingtons might be closer to the 90 days

Anyone willing to catch me up briefly?
I would very much like to avoid reading 200+ pages
My interpretation/memory: This was set up as a preorder and they said 90days lead time from when they were released to production but that took a little longer with final design tweaks. I think the 90days and 4-5+ weeks thing is out the window for the Tikkas but sounds like the remaining folks from the preorders will likely get their stuff in May/June. Tikka was the bulk of the preorders and with those in mind they appear to still be shipping out orders from the first day of that preorder (where many orders obviously came in), ~Dec 21. Keep in mind there are likely alot of orders placed Dec 21-Early Jan after which point I think the pace slowed down, but there are likely alot of stocks from late Dec that still need to ship out. So in the case of a Tikka ordered a month ago you would very likely be waiting a bit cause they have numerous on backlog.

Being you said Remington and those reportedly had less orders in, and Form indicated 90days is likely closer to accurate for the Rem version, maybe your delivery will be closer to actually ~90days being you just ordered last month.

That help at all?

Went out Wednesday evening, Thursday morning, and again this morning with the Rokstock. Long day planned for tomorrow as well with a buddy, predator hunting and long range shooting practice. I have 200 rounds through the gun with the Rokstock now, with likely somewhere in the neighborhood of 300-400 rounds planned for tomorrow.

About 3 dozen kills already on coyotes and antelope jacks from most of my go to field positions. Kills from 30ish yards all the way out to a coyote kill at 643 yards, steel and paper targets out to 950 yards so far (tomorrow will be cross canyon past 1,200 yards).

The stock is incredibly easy to get behind. For those who had concerns about "adapting" to an "extreme" negative comb and flat bottom rifle stock, stop being concerned immediately. Every single field position, including off hand shots (2 kills on rabbits off hand at 30ish and 60ish yards) feels very intuitive. Tracking moving targets both free hand and from built field positions is excellent.

The stock shouldering and building positions is very natural feeling, and if I'm being honest, feels how a rifle stock should feel. It immediately puts your body and hand in the proper position for quick target acquisition and killing. It sits perfectly in the shoulder pocket and "cheek weld" is spot on every time (Tikka UM Low Rings). I am typically a longer length of pull shooter and I will not be making any modifications to the production stock. Spartan adapter fits perfect with both my long and short bipods.

I never really had much trouble "spotting shots" or issues with a ton of of muzzle rise with my Tikka .260 shooting 129 grain bullets with other stocks. I do prefer shooting my .243's and .223's over the .260's and 6.5CM's though. What I will say is the rifle in general is more shootable, and feels more like shooting my Tikka .243 than a 6.5 variant rifle, when to comes to shoulder punch, ability to maintain sight picture in awkward field positions, and how much the rifle wants to "jump" when you don't get an absolutely perfect shoulder pocket/square body position. My wife is going to love this stock on her .243 hunting rifle.

Various field positions used for kills and target shooting...

Off hood of vehicle with spartan short bipod. Works excellent with no rear rest (using left hand), small UM bag as a rear rest, puffy wadded up as rear rest, UM molinator, and bino harness, etc.
IMG_7320.jpg

Prone with short bipod or UM Molinator (V shape down) up front. Again, works excellent with any sort of rear rest or no rear rest (this is the position that many were potentially concerned with). I killed two coyotes back to back in this exact position below (270 yards and then his buddy ran roughly 150 yards diagonally left to right before stopping and then dying; Maven SHR MIL reticle hold for a 350 yard shot). Practice judging distances while maintaining sight picture folks!

IMG_7323.jpg

Prone shooting off pack. Works as expected, zero fuss. Stacking bags on top of pack for more height works great. Various rear rests used with no issues.

IMG_7322.jpg

Seated position shots with long Spartan up front are very effective for killing and tracking moving targets. The Rokstock is by far my favorite stock I've used for these shots so far. Whether using legs/core only for support or adding the pack into the mix for longer shots, the stock works great. Kneeling shots using pack as a rest works excellent as well.

IMG_7321.jpg

Oh and for you bench rest shooters, do not fret, the stock just plain works even on a bench or table setup (always feels weird for me to shoot like this these days though).

IMG_7324.jpg

TLDR: The stock flat out works as expected. It's the easiest hunting stock to shoulder and get behind with no fuss that I've used. Ergonomics, grip, cheek weld, shoulder pocket, trigger reach, and mitigating muzzle rise are all the best of any general purpose lightweight hunting stock that I've ever shot. There is zero concern from any field position on being able to make a shot and be comfortable (no dreaded "learning curve" or "compromises" to shoot a stock "with this shape"). Buy one and go use the thing!

Back