NL’s tripod mount

CDK

FNG
I’m sure this has been discussed but is the Outdoorsman stud the best route to go with the NLs? The place I purchased mine from was pushing the tray type mount which I’m not crazy about; they said the stud thread depth might be problematic?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Outdoorsman stud on my Pure work well. No problems and the self install was easy.

Reactions: CDK
CDK,

I am selling a Dead On Industries mount for the NL Pute in the classified here. I am very much in the minority on RS but I do like the tray style the more I use it over the Outdoorsmans and other QD mounts.

Swaro has never publicly said the stud will not void the warranty but Outdoorsmans will take care of you.

Thanks for the replies guys!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The outdoorsman stud can’t be beat in my opinion, I love it!

I don’t see how Swarovski would ever worry about the outdoorsman stud as far as warranty. It’s very minimal, nothing like EL’s, it’s basically screwing the stud into threads Swaro provided for no other real reason.

I just got and then returned the dead on industries mount. I didn’t like how it only mount to one tube and doesn’t give flexibility in leveling your binos or letting someone else look through them without loosening it and adjusting it. I had ta slc before and just ordered the outdoorsman. I really like the center mount style with a little flexibility in movement

To those with NL and outdoorsman stud, does the stud still allow for a comfortable grip with one hand? Can you wrap you fingers around one of the barrels and reach the focuser with your index easy or the stud gets in the way?

Last edited:
To those with NL and outdoorsman stud, does the stud still allow for a comfortable grip with one hand? Can you wrap you fingers around one of the barrels and reach the focused with your index easy or the stud gets in the way?
Yes you can. Also I have a stud available if you need!

Back