Gulf Shores, Alabama

I’ll be spending a week there in early fall with kids and young grandkids. Looking for intel on things to do and places to eat. Planing to do some inshore fishing and crabbing. A few beach days.
Maybe try some flounder gigging too.
What else should I be aware of?

FNG
Fort Morgan
Lulu’s
Louisiana Lagniappe

were all recommended to us, were heading there in a few weeks for a beach vacation

7LRM

Lil-Rokslider
Origial oster house
Lambert’s cafe, you can go to Joe Pattie seafood Martket and buy fresh seafoods there.

deer310sg

Lil-Rokslider
Gulf Shores is a laid back kinda place, lulu's is great place! It's worth the drive to Sextons Fresh Seafood in Destin take home fresh seafood.

mms2

FNG
Tell me more about surf fishing we will be on daulphin island in 2 weeks

I’ll be spending a week there in early fall with kids and young grandkids. Looking for intel on things to do and places to eat. Planing to do some inshore fishing and crabbing. A few beach days.
Maybe try some flounder gigging too.
What else should I be aware of?
Charter a fishing trip. It’s likely the best fishing you’ve ever vacated around. And, it’d be a memory no one would forget and everyone would highly enjoy.

Cady Creek

Lil-Rokslider
Tell me more about surf fishing we will be on daulphin island in 2 weeks
10-12' rods w/4000-6000 series reels. Pair with somewhere in the neighborhood of 20lb mono or braid and pick up some Pompano rigs and various weights of Sputnicks or Pyramids. Use Sand Fleas (caught on the beach) and/or artificial Fish Gum/Fish Bites found in the bait shops. Fresh dead shrimp is an option as well. Pretty much catch anything in the Surf. Rig heavier, (10/0 circle hooks with 4' leader and heavier braid if you want to target Shark). Just got back last week(Destin) and we caught Pompano, Red Fish, Blues, and Sharks. Along with Catfish and some other trash fish.

Attachments

• Shark.png
    Shark.png
    242 KB · Views: 27
  • Pomp.jpg
    Pomp.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 27

Turkeytider

Lil-Rokslider
Grew up in Fairhope, AL in the 60`s. More than a few hours spent on the beach at Gulf Shores and Fort Morgan surf fishing primarily for speckled trout ( weakfish ), but we always had at least one " mystery fish " that would hit like a truck and run like a freight train! They always broke off ( thus " mystery fish " ). Essentially the only things on Gulf Shores were sand dunes and sea oats. Absolutely beautiful and great memories. You never knew what you were going to encounter in the surf!

mms2

FNG
10-12' rods w/4000-6000 series reels. Pair with somewhere in the neighborhood of 20lb mono or braid and pick up some Pompano rigs and various weights of Sputnicks or Pyramids. Use Sand Fleas (caught on the beach) and/or artificial Fish Gum/Fish Bites found in the bait shops. Fresh dead shrimp is an option as well. Pretty much catch anything in the Surf. Rig heavier, (10/0 circle hooks with 4' leader and heavier braid if you want to target Shark). Just got back last week(Destin) and we caught Pompano, Red Fish, Blues, and Sharks. Along with Catfish and some other trash fish.

Thank you! Now I’ll have to Google pompano rigs