Comfortable Lightweight Synthetic Blaze Orange Hat

Anyone have any good suggestions on a soft synthetic blaze orange hat for hunting? I absolutely hate wearing hats as they always make my head itch. However I picked up a synthetic hat from Free Fly and love it, very comfortable. It’s a mix of nylon and polyester but they don’t sell blaze orange.

Anyone got any recommendations?

I really wish they sold the sitka traverse hat in blaze orange. That is the most comfortable hat I have found. Can't help with finding another one, all mine are a collection over the past 25 years and none very comfortable either.

I really wish they sold the sitka traverse hat in blaze orange. That is the most comfortable hat I have found. Can't help with finding another one, all mine are a collection over the past 25 years and none very comfortable either.
Yep, seems to be that none of the really comfortable hats come in blaze orange. Which sucks because that’s pretty much the only hat I wear in the field.

They do.

First Lite Catalyst is nice too but a little warmer for sure.

I've been searching for the same thing. I don't like the reflective strips that come on the running hats.

The one from orange aglow may be a contender for you. I like mine bc it is light weight and breathable. No real structure to it, which I find as a plus because I just throw it in my pack when a beanie is warranted.

I wish one of these laser cut rnnr hats came in blaze orange. Maybe an opportunity for some Rokslide merch?
View attachment 697111

I almost pulled the trigger on this one from K&F but it's not quite what I'm looking for:
https://www.kingandfifth.com/products/mens-workout-hat-the-rise-and-grind
That reminds me, Coal Headwear sent me a couple hats and one was a great blaze color. I never wear it because I like the foldable bill of the other one, but it's s higher quality material.

Reactions: 9.1
Just wear an orange synthetic doorag, by itself or under a cap. Got a couple but I can’t remember the brand.

This is what I've been looking for. 100% Nylon and no reflectors or velcro. I just ordered one from Amazon for running and backpack hunting:

EDIT: This isn't fluorescent/blaze.
Screenshot_20240406-074745.png

Last edited:
I second the Orange Aglow hat. Light, soft, breathable. Definitely a bit different than any other blaze orange hat I’ve worn.

Back