Bourbon

I’ve never seen it under $70, I’d grab that in a second!

I just picked this up for $65.
339920182b0dca52b6c5b817e7abd077.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My primary sipping bourbons are Elijah Craig 12 year old and Henry McKenna 10, I recently bought a few bottles of Knob Creek that I like too. I am not a fan of Russel's Reserve, Wild Turkey or Four Roses but I use them for mixers. I don't buy many new bottles anymore.

Our cabinet has wild turkey 101, buffalo trace, wellers (few bottles), bulleit, Yellowstone, Makers Mark, JD, Woodford, eagle rare, four roses small batch, a little Larceny and a sip of some old forester.

I buy it every now and then, my brother will buy some and bring it over and just stick it in the cabinet before he goes home and my wife will grab a random bottle occasionally when she's buying wine. I drink bourbon and tequila when I drink it. I enjoy it especially during the colder months. I'll buy moderately priced bourbon but drink natural light because its cheap. 😂

I typically like the higher rye mash bill bourbons. Bulleit and Basil Hayden are the two I drink regularly just because they're readily available in stores.

Weller green label is damn good. I always thought I wasn't a wheated bourbon fan, but then I tried that and had to change my opinion.....

I'm honestly not that picky. I went on a kick of searching out the allocated bottles for a while. Have enough Blantons, EH Taylor, etc. to last me for a long time as long as they're only used for special occasions. Once that runs its course, I'm probably done with that. Not ashamed to say that my palate can't tell THAT much of a difference, and I enjoy the "cheaper" stuff as much as the expensive stuff. But then again I also drink Busch Light....

I notice the Hard Truth Hills bottle in the back. I love not too far from there and have had a few of their bottles at my bar.
I was never too impressed with their bourbon tbh, but their Vodka was decent.

That is coconut rum from Hard Truth Distillery in Indiana. Their rum is killer. That coconut rum in a mojito is 🤤

Just picked up a bottle of

TRAVELLER WHISKEY BLEND NO. 40 BY CHRIS STAPLETON AND BUFFALO TRACE​

last night and we will see how good it is!

Attachments

• F0DE6EDA-ED59-4611-A79A-0F5333BF8EF5.png
    F0DE6EDA-ED59-4611-A79A-0F5333BF8EF5.png
    556.2 KB · Views: 15
My two Regulars right now are Four Roses Small Batch and Elijah Craig small batch. I’ve had most all of them and like some of you, think the big $ names are overrated. That said, I bought a bunch of bottles many years ago that are collecting dust. About to unload them to fund a trip.
Add Eagle Rare and that’s pretty the same as my shelf.

I see many list Buffalo Trace. Availability seems to vary. Here in PA it is infrequently stocked at the state stores and when it is in there is a two bottle limit. Score every now and then as it is usually gone by the time I get out of work. However they did get in handle sized bottles and my wife happened to stop in and picked me up two of those. Sazerac is another from BT that flies off the shelf.

Back