Alaska Guide Creations Customer Service WIN

HUNTCOAK

FNG
Just had an excellent experience with a gentleman from Alaska Guide Creations. The customer service is out of this world. For it being the start of everyone's fall hunting season and I'm sure having orders out the wazoo he chatted with me for over an hour about their new product line and ordering process. I am excited to try out my soon to arrive binopack and let you all know how they work. If you haven't already check these guys out.

http://www.alaskaguidecreations.com/
https://www.facebook.com/alaskaguidecreations

maverick351

Lil-Rokslider
They do have out of this world customer service. Very friendly knowledgeable and willing to do what ever it takes. If every other company was ran this way the world would be great.

Graves14

WKR
That has been my experience with them as well but if they could get well labeled photos of each of their packs on their website I'm guessing they could save themselves a ton of these calls lol. Which pack did you end up with?

Nothing to do with customer service, and I'm not trying to derail the thread, but I ran a AGC this season for the first time. I really like the pack, but the one issue I had with it is, on a couple days we had some pretty wet weather and, the thing soaked up water like a sponge. According to the website they're supposed to be water repellent/resistant, but mine is nothing of the sort. I guess I'm in the market for a mini rain cover now.

kodiakfly

WKR
Nothing to do with customer service, and I'm not trying to derail the thread, but I ran a AGC this season for the first time. I really like the pack, but the one issue I had with it is, on a couple days we had some pretty wet weather and, the thing soaked up water like a sponge. According to the website they're supposed to be water repellent/resistant, but mine is nothing of the sort. I guess I'm in the market for a mini rain cover now.

When I got mine, he included a hand-written note saying that in really wet weather, he recommends spraying with ScotchGuard or other DWR. I did that to mine and it's worked pretty well.

When I got mine, he included a hand-written note saying that in really wet weather, he recommends spraying with ScotchGuard or other DWR. I did that to mine and it's worked pretty well.
Yeah, I'll give that a try first. I really hate to cover the pack, makes it pretty tough to get the binos out in a hurry.

arffdog875

Lil-Rokslider
I have not had my AGC pack out in heavy rain yet, but the scotchguard sounds like a pretty good idea... I love the pack!

OP
H

HUNTCOAK

FNG
Graves14 I got the K.I.S.S. model with the MAX pocket. The confusing website is what made me seek out their Facebook page for information. Turns out they are undergoing a rebrand and relaunch so I understand the wonky website.
I know what kind of rain you get up there AK Troutbum, I have seen full Gore-Tex Pro Shells soak through in that rain.
Thank you for the tip kodiakfly, I'll pick up some ScotchGuard when the pack shows up.

I do wish they made a little sil-nylon type rain cover to go over it. I want to try and buy one from kuiu maybe. the only bino harness rain cover i have seen.

prconnection

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys. Just new to this site and reading a bunch of comments on AGC packs. Looks like their website has been updated and much better now. I can say that I have ordered my pack from there and any questions I had were answered via email before it shipped out. This company is awesome. They also sent me the new binocular tether system at no charge. I would strongly recommend trying this make of pack if you do not already have a binocular chest pack