Tent platform

Torque

FNG
If this is in the wrong forum, please let me know. I did not find a forum I thought was appropriate.

First, let me explain the reason and purpose of this post. When my father and I deer hunt, we normally leave our tent up for a month (we aren't hunting for a month) before breaking camp and heading home. By the time we break camp, the ground is always very wet (November here is always rainy) and the rain splashes mud on the tent. I use a Kodiak Canvas 12x9 cabin tent, which is the most excellent tent I have ever used.

I want to buy Kodiak Canvas' 12x16 cabin tent with the vestibule addition. I am going to build a 16x40 tent platform. This will allow me to have way to get the tent and myself off the ground, This should make breaking camp easier and keep my tent much cleaner. I plan to use flag pole bases screwed to the platform to hold the tent poles and all the guy wires will be attached to eye hooks mounted to the platform. This should allow for easy, repeatable set up.

I am not sure about a couple of things: What do I use do attach the ground stake loops to the platform?
Do I continue to use a ground tarp on the platform?

Does anyone have experience with tent platforms that could lend some advice on these or any other concerns?

Thanks!

Wheels

WKR
I am not sure about a couple of things: What do I use do attach the ground stake loops to the platform?

You could use construction screws or lag bolts with big washers thru the loops.

Marshfly

WKR
I am assuming a wooden platform like a deck. I would drill through the deck boards and then install blind nuts to accept a bolt with a washer. I am using big lag bolts and washers with my tent anyway in the dirt so this is the same thing essentially. Using a tarp would be dependent on how rough the finished deck surface is.