Silencerco Scythe TI review

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I was disappointed in how much the covers cost and how much they weight. Even the lightest cover is 2.5oz. Most of them cost upwards of $60-70, and a lot of them don’t even stay put. So, I did some research on DIY covers. I can make one for half the weight and 1/5 the cost. I settled on hi-temp silicone tape covered in vet wrap. Welding blanket is another option. I have a thread here somewhere, plus I looked on other forums. Form says it works fine and the silicone doesn’t fuse to the can. You will lose the ability to take it on/off easily, and it won’t work well enough for a gas gun, however for a bolt gun it should be fine. It will give some protection and reduce mirage in a cheap and lightweight package.

Yeah covers suck. They cost money, don’t stay on most of the time and they look dumb.

KSPony

FNG
Anybody recently received a backordered Scythe? Last post I saw here was from a couple of months ago on lead times.

About a month ago my LGS had one in stock but didn't have the funds to cover it at the time. When I went back in hopes it would still be there but knowing better it was gone. Ordered one from Silencer Shop last week just to get in line. And as luck would have it when I went back to the LGS to do my Kiosk prints they notified me they have 4 coming in soon. Not in the greatest hurry to go through possibly canceling the order since Silencer Shop is $200 cheaper and LGS won't match the price knowing they will get full retail from someone else.

Anybody recently received a backordered Scythe? Last post I saw here was from a couple of months ago on lead times.

About a month ago my LGS had one in stock but didn't have the funds to cover it at the time. When I went back in hopes it would still be there but knowing better it was gone. Ordered one from Silencer Shop last week just to get in line. And as luck would have it when I went back to the LGS to do my Kiosk prints they notified me they have 4 coming in soon. Not in the greatest hurry to go through possibly canceling the order since Silencer Shop is $200 cheaper and LGS won't match the price knowing they will get full retail from someone else.
I just went through this with a SiCo Switchback can that i had on Back order through silencer shop. The Silencer shop dealer that I was going to have a switchback sent to just happened to receive a switchback direct from SiCo. The local dealer called up there SS sales Rep and got the switchback assigned to me that day. I had to pay the shop directly for the can and now SS is refunding my original purchase. The Eform was submitted the same day and approved (Single shot trust) 3 days later. Ironically My Scythe that was submitted at the end of January, was approved 5 minutes after the Switchback was.

Long story short, convince your local store to call SS and assign that can to you and refund your original purchase. The tax stamp and trust purchase will still be in your SS account and it goes really smooth.

KSPony

FNG
I just went through this with a SiCo Switchback can that i had on Back order through silencer shop. The Silencer shop dealer that I was going to have a switchback sent to just happened to receive a switchback direct from SiCo. The local dealer called up there SS sales Rep and got the switchback assigned to me that day. I had to pay the shop directly for the can and now SS is refunding my original purchase. The Eform was submitted the same day and approved (Single shot trust) 3 days later. Ironically My Scythe that was submitted at the end of January, was approved 5 minutes after the Switchback was.

Long story short, convince your local store to call SS and assign that can to you and refund your original purchase. The tax stamp and trust purchase will still be in your SS account and it goes really smooth.
I might give it another shot but the $200 price difference between SS to my LGS pays for the tax stamp. Ideally if I have it by next hunting season it's worth $200 to wait. Just not sure what that wait time might be looking like before I go that route.

Grundy53

WKR

It took about a month for them to fill my back ordered Scythe. That was a couple weeks ago.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

deanno33

FNG
Looks like the black version of the Sythe Ti is in stock on silencer shop this morning.

Just got my form 4 approved yesterday on mine so pretty short wait!

DB29

Lil-Rokslider
In a review on the site, a person says that it fits their Dead Air Nomad 30, tightly, which is the same diameter as the Scythe. I ordered one as it seems like a good solution.

Did the FHF cover fit the Sythe?

khuber84

WKR
Looks like the black version of the Sythe Ti is in stock on silencer shop this morning.

Just got my form 4 approved yesterday on mine so pretty short wait!
I was able to order an in stock unit over the weekend. We'll see how long this takes! I'm usually delayed a few hours on a FFL transfer, I'll be amazed if this takes less than 3-4 months.

Tx_300wsm

FNG
I was able to order an in stock unit over the weekend. We'll see how long this takes! I'm usually delayed a few hours on a FFL transfer, I'll be amazed if this takes less than 3-4 months.
I ordered one this weekend to. This is my first suppressor and really hoping that I’ll be able to hunt with it this season.