RokStok

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Well. Since you posted, I must ask. Are you able to shed some light on your dope card(s) there? They look cleaner than my hand bombed ones. Are you printing from just a word doc or something you made up?
Not Form, but I have a spreadsheet template that I made that works very nicely. Print it out and tape it on.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Well. Since you posted, I must ask. Are you able to shed some light on your dope card(s) there? They look cleaner than my hand bombed ones. Are you printing from just a word doc or something you made up?

Nope. UM/S2H will be offering these.

Water proof cards with with rifle, DA, wind bracket, etc info and marked out to 1,000y/m. Also a Density altitude chart card. The package will come with 4x data cards (I think), 1x DA chart, and 2x sticky backed clear card holders. The data cards can easily be swapped for different DA’s, and the card holder holds 4x no problem.

IMG_8186.jpeg

IMG_8189.jpeg

JBMAK

FNG
Classified Approved
Picked up my full build today. Had an order with them since October and was able to get on the rokstock list very early. Rifle as seen is 10.3lbs.

-Tikka milled action and fluted bolt chambered in 7 PRC
-22" ace fluted barrel
-UM medium tikka rings
-ARCA/PIC
-ARCA mini plate in front of mag
-Direct thread Silencerco hybrid 46 with muzzle brake end cap
-NX8 4-32
-Titanium bolt handle and release button
-Aluminum bolt shroud
-Timney 2 stage tikka trigger, 8oz first stage, 2lbs second stage

Attachments

• 20240506_194101.jpg
    20240506_194101.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 314
  • 20240506_194025.jpg
    20240506_194025.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 314
  • 20240506_194120.jpg
    20240506_194120.jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 313
Picked up my full build today. Had an order with them since October and was able to get on the rokstock list very early. Rifle as seen is 10.3lbs.

-Tikka milled action and fluted bolt chambered in 7 PRC
-22" ace fluted barrel
-UM medium tikka rings
-ARCA/PIC
-ARCA mini plate in front of mag
-Direct thread Silencerco hybrid 46 with muzzle brake end cap
-NX8 4-32
-Titanium bolt handle and release button
-Aluminum bolt shroud
-Timney 2 stage tikka trigger, 8oz first stage, 2lbs second stage

Sweet build! Is your barrel cerakoted im and out of the flutes or is that just the lighting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Runwilderness

Lil-Rokslider
@Formidilosus, what do you use to calculate pressure altitude for those charts?

I’ve seen formulas that convert inHg and actual altitude to pressure altitude, and I can pull inHg from my Garmin or a local NOAA report and actual altitude from topo maos and terrain, but is the pressure altitude calculator just a another factor I need to work to lock down in my head?

Those sleeves are really slick. Another item for my wishlist.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
@Formidilosus, what do you use to calculate pressure altitude for those charts?

I’ve seen formulas that convert inHg and actual altitude to pressure altitude, and I can pull inHg from my Garmin or a local NOAA report and actual altitude from topo maos and terrain, but is the pressure altitude calculator just a another factor I need to work to lock down in my head?

Those sleeves are really slick. Another item for my wishlist.

I used density altitude in a ballistic app. Then wrote the DA on the cards in 2,500ft increments. The included DA chart allows correct generation of DA without electronics.

JCMCUBIC

WKR
Just got my 2nd stock today. Both were 31 ozs. It doesn't bother me, but I was expecting closer to maybe 28 ozs since 26 was advertised then you add the rail and flush cups. Like I said, it doesn't bother me, but I could see some people being bent out of shape about it.

I'd prefer lighter, but I was expecting ~28-30 ozs with all the fixin's, so I've got no problem with it.

I haven't kept up, but I recall that a "light" version may be produced later. I'll likely jump on that as soon as they're taking orders.

Runwilderness

Lil-Rokslider
I used density altitude in a ballistic app. Then wrote the DA on the cards in 2,500ft increments. The included DA chart allows correct generation of DA without electronics.
My question was what do you use to find the input variables for the DA chart? I understand pressure altitude to be your physical altitude above sea level corrected for the current pressure. Do you measure pressure and do the math? Or with 2.5k foot bands on your backup cards do you just take actual topo altitude and call it good?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
My question was what do you use to find the input variables for the DA chart? I understand pressure altitude to be your physical altitude above sea level corrected for the current pressure. Do you measure pressure and do the math? Or with 2.5k foot bands on your backup cards do you just take actual topo altitude and call it good?

Using temp and actual altitude, I have never seen it off more than 200ft DA from actual with a weather meter.

31 is fine for me, will still cut almost a half a pound frm my eh1 (37.5). I’ll take an extra couple ounces for flush cups a pic rail and a better sounding stock that’s not as hollow and tinny when I hit it on stuff.

People want it to weigh nothing, be strapped to the gills with accessories and sound/feel like it’s made entirely of fiberglass at the same time, gotta pic a balance point somewhere. Speaking of which a couple ounces in the rear end wont hurt balancing out a can either.

That said a lite version that’s not got all the creature comforts and prioritizes ultralight would sell too imo

Edit* my bare carbon + pic rail + flush cups is 30.1

Last edited:

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I think i like the looks of the bare carbon better than the tear pattern so far.
At the moment I think the singular color without tears has looked nicer to me (aside from those with true patterns), plain carbon would be fine (to save money and hit it with a coat of paint). I'm watching to see what happens with this pattern on future versions.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
They don’t regret it, and they absolutely will make it what you want. The issue with the paint is that there were something like 200 people that sent multiple emails changing the paint they wanted multiple times; and people put one color or included black, which made them seem like they wanted just one color- not saying that you did, just that there’s some confusion with the paint schemes. I believe they are going to start calling customers if there is any question at all when a stock comes up for paint.
Have you seen an actual stock come out anything close to the rendering yet? I understand the potential for confusion, esp. if folks didn't state what they wanted on the original order clearly, but the two examples we've seen so far are underwhelming to the point I'd personally just change my order to a solid color or no color. But if they get things closer the the rendering I'd stick with it.

Unknown Munitions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
To all Rokstok customers;

If you have any issue of any kind with your paint job, we stand behind our work 1000% and would prefer you to reach out to us first.

If you have any issue of any kind with your Rokstok, we stand behind our products 1000% and would prefer you to reach out to us first.

Nearly 90% of Rokstok customers (of which most are Roksliders) have changed their order at least once since placing it on our website. Some as many as 10 times. It is extremely difficult to track changes made to existing orders and most small businesses actually refuse to take any changes and will make you replace the order.

These changes have mostly been barrel inlets and Cerakote patterns. There are 5 emails in the inbox as we speak from customers asking for more changes.

Like I said above, if there are any issues of any kind please call or email us at Unknown Munitions and we will make it right. And please be patient with us as we get through this first rush of orders and establish good practices in the shop to avoid any QC issues.

-Jake Mushaney

Unknown Munitions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Have you seen an actual stock come out anything close to the rendering yet? I understand the potential for confusion, esp. if folks didn't state what they wanted on the original order clearly, but the two examples we've seen so far are underwhelming to the point I'd personally just change my order to a solid color or no color. But if they get things closer the the rendering I'd stick with it.
Sir, can you please provide the rendering you are referring to and a picture that doesn't match so I can understand what you're saying and get it fixed? Again if you have any issue at all with anything from my shop, the best thing to do is call or email us and we will resolve it.

atmat

WKR
Sir, can you please provide the rendering you are referring to and a picture that doesn't match so I can understand what you're saying and get it fixed? Again if you have any issue at all with anything from my shop, the best thing to do is call or email us and we will resolve it.
I have no dog in this fight, because I don’t care about aesthetic. But he showed this earlier:
It is not just you, I do think it looks fairly different, the example the accent color was around the tears blending the transition and some spider webbing also to pull it all together. The reality kinda just looks like some splotches of faint accent color in the middle of the main color. Maybe some other color combos might look different. Maybe if someone emphasizes to load the accent color around the tears more?

View attachment 708531

View attachment 708532

lak2004

WKR
To all Rokstok customers;

If you have any issue of any kind with your paint job, we stand behind our work 1000% and would prefer you to reach out to us first.

If you have any issue of any kind with your Rokstok, we stand behind our products 1000% and would prefer you to reach out to us first.

Nearly 90% of Rokstok customers (of which most are Roksliders) have changed their order at least once since placing it on our website. Some as many as 10 times. It is extremely difficult to track changes made to existing orders and most small businesses actually refuse to take any changes and will make you replace the order.

These changes have mostly been barrel inlets and Cerakote patterns. There are 5 emails in the inbox as we speak from customers asking for more changes.

Like I said above, if there are any issues of any kind please call or email us at Unknown Munitions and we will make it right. And please be patient with us as we get through this first rush of orders and establish good practices in the shop to avoid any QC issues.

-Jake Mushaney
Hot damn! I placed my order and didn't ever change a thing, you all are badass for accepting change orders, I would tell people to pound sand haha. Good thing I'm not in the customer service realm!