6.5 PRC suggestions

sylvest

FNG
I've got a CA Mesa FFT I will sell with a bunch of ammo if you want it. Shoots lights out with Precision Hunter, Outfitter, and Terminal Ascent. I've hit 6" steel 14 shots in a row at 600yds in Sterling, CO with it.

I have 2 other FFTs for me and wife and I'm selling to fund a play space construction project for my toddler.

6MT

FNG
I’ve been interested in a short action magnum for some time now. I decided on the PRC over the WSM strictly because of component availability (brass). I looked into building a 6.5prc on a Greyboe stock, KS Arms action, and a Kreiger barrel. But when I saw this factory Bregara Premier Pro, I had to jump at it. You just can’t build one for the Bergara’s money. Yeah, yeah…I know the obvious. But when the time comes, I’ll re-barrel with a straight pipe.

IMG-2612.jpg

I happen to love the stock (I have an HMR). The ergonomics fit me like a glove. And the Premier action looks to be a step above the HMR’s. I just received another GRND-POD to add-on. Now just waiting on the glass (next week). That will be the same Athlon Midas I have on my HMR. I really like the Chinese glass on the varmint rifle, so I thought I’d have a go again.

I’m looking forward to load development with the Berger 140gr Hybrid Targets, and VV N570 powder. I’m just waiting for a modified case so I can measure the CBTO for the 140’s. The brass is Lapua. I’m on the fence about whether to use regular or magnum primers. I’ve seen a lot of talk over on SH and Accurate about this. The consensus seems to be that if you’re not shooting in temperatures below around 60deg, then the regular primers work well and give better SD numbers with N570. Since my stock of magnum primers is pretty low, I’m going to do my tests with the regular primers. I’m looking forward to seeing how they work.

EDIT: Got the glass, chose some rings, and mounted it.

IMG_2620.jpg

Last edited: