Zeiss V6 3-18X50

I am looking at putting the V6 on a CA Ridgeline FFT. I am using a first focal plane scope currently and really like it but its heavy. I'm trying to keep this set up as light as possible and the V6 fits the weight I'm looking for but am concerned that it's a second focal plane scope. I would like to have the ability to shoot out to 800+ yards either hunting or target shooting. Should I be concerned the V6 is not a first focal plane scope?

No I switched out first focal plane scopes on my sons 7 mm mags, my 7 mm mag and my 300 win mag. I loved the glass and scopes but we all had issues at short to medium hunting ranges with the size of the reticle. I had a real issue with a mule deer at < 100 yards right at last light seeing the reticle.

I put Zeiss z4's on my sons and Zeiss V6's on mine. My sons shots this year were 600 and 660 yards on bull elk. Mine was an 80 yard shot on a mule deer...lol. Had custom dials cut for them. We shot them all when we got to camp and spot on at 400 yards.

The glass on the Z6 is great. We had no issues with holding zero or shifting zero. We used them hard all week riding around in Polaris's and trucks.

We have not observed the issues stated in the scope review section.