Zeiss V4 Size or Reticle

Bratch

Lil-Rokslider
I’m picking up a 243 for use as a Coyote and light deer rifle. I have about settled on the illuminated Zeiss V4 4-16 to top it.

Where I am stuck is I cannot get my preferred combination. I would like the 44mm objective with the ZMOAi-1 reticle but it’s not an option. With the 44mm the only reticle that I really like is the #60, jumping to the 50mm let’s me get the ZMOAi-1.

I’m leaning towards the 50mm with the ZMOAi-1. I don’t plan to hold often but it would be nice to have the ability.

Any other thoughts; should I go with the plain duplex and 44mm?

I have no issue with my plain 44 in Zmoa2 gathers plenty of light. It comes down to your preference and weather or not illumination is useful to you . You will enjoy the scope either way , its been a nice scope

I got a V4 4-16x44 with the TMOAi-T30 reticle last fall. This is my first Zeiss scope as all others I have are Leupolds. Decided to venture out & picked the Zeiss. Bought it from Cabela’s only because I had several gift cards saved up & points to burn to offset my out of pocket. They only had it with the ZMOAi-T30, and my first impression was that it was too busy & going to be too much reticle but I’d take it anyway.

Didn’t take long to realize that I really like it a lot! It’s straightforward to understand & use. I had the chance back in March to shoot steel for a day out to 1k with the V4 6-24x50 TMOAi-T20 (someone else’s rifle) which is essentially the same as the -T30. Also shot my 4-16x44 some too. Had some wind so was able to use wind holds with the reticle. Guess you can say I “learned” that reticle and I figured out real fast that it isn’t too busy or too much reticle. It just a “makes good sense” reticle. Highly recommend it for the 4-16x44.

Now I’m about to scope a new 6.5-284 and the V4 6-24x50 TMOAi-T20 is definitely on the scope choice short list. 36E90D63-6CB0-43D8-B0CB-C2841C75CE04.jpeg

Scoutfarm

FNG
I bought a 50mm with the ZMOAi-1 from Redhawkrifles a couple years ago for a 300 I have. My only Zeiss riflescope, but I love it. Have only used the IR once while hunting.

OP
B

Bratch

Lil-Rokslider
One of these days I’m actually going to end up with a Zeiss.

This is the second straight rifle I planned on a 4-16 V4 but ended up coming across a deal on a 3-15 VX5.