WTS Zeiss SF 10x42 & 8x32, Maven B6 10x50, all as new

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brummie75

FNG
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm re-configuring my binoculars, trying to reduce the number I have. That means some swapping out of things for other models, not because they're bad, but because they don't complement as well. The following are on the chopping block. All prices are net to me, shipped within the US (i.e. you can use the form of payment you prefer, but if there are fees involved, you cover them). I’m new on Rokslide, but I’ve sold a few pairs of binoculars on BirdForum (where these are also listed), and I’m a long-time member and seller on BladeForums (under username “Brummie” on both sites). Any questions, feel free to reach out. I can provide extras pictures if wanted, but please note that the glass is perfect in all cases (otherwise, I wouldn't have said "as new" in the thread title!).

Zeiss SF 10x42. $1695 NOW $1645. IMHO, these are better than the 10x42 EL - wider FOV, a little lighter, bettter balanced, quicker focusing, and much better close focus. I would only put them behind the 10x42 NL, with its best-in-class FOV (and at close to twice the price Im offering these at).

I love these. They were my first pair of really top end binoculars. The close focus is really good - I can basically focus on my toes. I've had them some time, but they are essentially unused, come with all original accessories in the original box, and still have almost 5 years on the warranty. I took them to a local bird reserve on one occasion, and noticed a piece of debris in one of the barrels, so I sent them in to Zeiss to be sorted out, and they also replaced the eyepieces. These should be exactly the same as the newer black SF 10x42 except:
1) They have the gray, rather than black armor. Personally, I like it - it's nice to have something a little different.
2) The focusser has a different feel - it's more dry than the newer, more hydraulic feel. Again, personally, I like it - I find it very fast and precise.
3) Some people detect a very slight difference in color tone between the older and newer SF. I've never noticed it myself (comparing to the SF 8x32 and 10x32, which I also own).

Others are SOLDC9D9A8D5-F6BD-49C6-9C80-49A35704FC3E.jpeg2EE11FA2-4A05-4B59-A060-343CAAA7C95B.jpegCFEE6BDA-0B7C-4EF8-A24A-9C58DA0C2DC2.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
B

Brummie75

FNG
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
BTT.

Both SFs are top class binoculars, as good as new for 30-40% off retail (without considering sales tax).

OP
B

Brummie75

FNG
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The SF 8x32 are now SOLD.

Only the SF 10x42 remain, but they are outstanding binoculars at a heavily discounted price.

OP
B

Brummie75

FNG
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Price reduced on SF 10x42 to $1645.

These really are one of the best 10x42s you can buy. In perfect condition.

wyo2track

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Bought the 8x32s from Brummie75. He shipped fast and item was as described. What a wonderful light weight optic. Thanks Brummie. That is a great deal on the 10s.

OP
B

Brummie75

FNG
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
How are those B6 10x50’s in comparison to the Zeiss?
The Mavens are already sold.

Wasn’t able to respond til now due to bumping rules.

They’re a bit better than the SF in low light, and there’s not much difference in on-axis sharpness.

Otherwise, the SF is better. Virtually no CA, slightly wider FOV, significantly better close focus, quicker focus. I also find the SF more comfortable on my face, but that’s very individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.