Zeiss Conquest vs Tenmile HX

Oh wise ones, I come seeking guidance.

I have the opportunity to buy a Trijicon Tenmile HX 6-24 for a good discount or the Conquest v4 6-24 on midway for $800. Puts both within close money to each other. I’m wanting a MOA scope SFP to mount on my AR and shoot long distance. If any hunting it would be coyote and maybe deer in a field setting. This would be my first “big boy” scope outside of a couple decent Meopros and Zeiss Conquest 3-9 on my mloader.

Anyone handled or have opinions on these two compared If the money difference is basically a wash?

Zeiss Conquest V4 has great glass and reliable turrets. I own one and it has repeatable adjustments and excellent low light capability

I own both. Take your pick. Both excellent. Good glass in both. Tenmile has better glass. Turrets about the same. I’d give the reliability and toughness to the Tenmile all day.

OP
A
I was set on the trijicon until I realized that particular model doesn’t have zero stop (zeiss does). It does have an illuminated reticle, which I think I want. Back to the drawing board….

atmat

WKR
OP
A
I damn near had it in the cart when I figured that out. If I’m spending close to $1000 I want illumination and zero stop. Looks like I’ll do the zeiss with an illuminated reticle.

atmat

WKR
I damn near had it in the cart when I figured that out. If I’m spending close to $1000 I want illumination and zero stop. Looks like I’ll do the zeiss with an illuminated reticle.
Honest question: Do you need that much zoom? The other Tenmiles would be great options.

eric1115

WKR
Honest question: Do you need that much zoom? The other Tenmiles would be great options.
I was about to ask the same question. If .223 AR, there's no scenario where I see myself needing 24x. 15x seems more than enough to hit anything well past .223 transonic zone. If 6mm arc or a 6/6.5 creed AR10 and a desire to stretch out well past 1k, then maybe, but still for me way too much magnification. The 3-18 would seem to me a better fit for this and has a zero stop.

No question I would strongly favor the trijicon over the zeiss, for robust build and reliable tracking (by reputation for me, no personal experience with those two exact scopes).

atmat

WKR
I was about to ask the same question. If .223 AR, there's no scenario where I see myself needing 24x. 15x seems more than enough to hit anything well past .223 transonic zone. If 6mm arc or a 6/6.5 creed AR10 and a desire to stretch out well past 1k, then maybe, but still for me way too much magnification. The 3-18 would seem to me a better fit for this and has a zero stop.

No question I would strongly favor the trijicon over the zeiss, for robust build and reliable tracking (by reputation for me, no personal experience with those two exact scopes).
That’s my thinking, too. I don’t know a ton of folks shooting LR with an AR. And a lot of guys can hit steel at 1000 with a 10x.

AnchorF22

WKR
If you decide on a Zeiss V4, I've got two illuminated models I haven't listed yet... one is 4-16x44 and one is 4-16x50. I could save you a couple hundred bucks and they're both in like new condition.

I went through this a couple months ago. Went with the tenmile as the zeiss have some issues in Forms drop tests. Some ppl don't care about them but I do as I take a couple spills every now and then when things get slick. Like you this was a buy once cry once and I didn't want any reservations about my purchase. Ended up with 2 since eurooptic has them so heavily discounted

Last edited:
Euro optic should have the tenmile 4x24s for around 800$ still. The 4x24s have the zero stop

eric1115

WKR
That’s my thinking, too. I don’t know a ton of folks shooting LR with an AR. And a lot of guys can hit steel at 1000 with a 10x.
Exactly. I think about 1.5x per hundred yards is where I usually end up, though often closer to 1x per hundred and almost never more than 2x. Just depends on conditions and target. Even on my SPR-ish 18" AR, my 3-12 usually feels like overkill out to the 800ish yard neighborhood where I approach transonic speeds around here.

OP
A
If those 4-24 on euro had MOA instead of MRAD reticle as I’d be all over it. As per “too much magnification” this scope would move around occasionally to other rifles for target distance shooting and practice. Plenty of guys shoot distance with 8-10 power but I don’t prefer it. I’m still stumped on what to do right now but no hurry.