zamberlan Salathe gtx RR

for those who are like me, and prefer "less is more" for early season hunts, the Salathe is a great boot. i cannot speak on longevity yet, but i assume they will do good in that regard because they are Zamberlans ;)

for archery elk hunting, i like short boots with lightweight gaiters, it's more breathable than taller boots, and more comfortable. my previous go to boots were the asolo shiver, which have been excellent, but the Salathe are a step up, as long as they hold up.

these boots seem like the perfect combination of light, quiet for stalking, but still have really good traction unlike many trail runner type shoes. later season (oct/nov) i will just wear a more substantial gaiter like the kuiu kutana or peaks, and as long as i'm not walking through standing water, even in heavy rain, these will still work.

my main hesitation buying these was the synthetic integrated tongue, but it's more of a thin neoprene type material, and i think offers enough protection to the goretex membrane that salmonberry and devils club won't make it through.

fit.... if you have wide feet, these aren't for you (unless they make a wide last version) they aren't more narrow than most euro style boots, but they do have a more narrow fit than most USA style boots.... they fit like a Zamberlan.

pending longevity, i think these will be my go to elk hunting boot, and they are comfortable enough i'll probably wear them for any hunting i do that i don't need a taller boot. they seem to be the perfect boot for archery elk hunting... soft enough to stalk in, but substantial enough to make it up a steep clay bank with no foot holds, and everything inbetween.

figured i would give a quick early impressions review on these, i'm pretty excited about them.... if i designed the perfect archery elk hunting boot for myself, i don't know i would change a thing. for those unfamiliar with Zamberlan, they have a good size chart on their site, but in my experience, i'm about a half size smaller in Zamberlan than other brand boots.

10ringer

WKR
Digging up an old thread as I’m interested if you have an update on Salathes durability?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
roosiebull
Digging up an old thread as I’m interested if you have an update on Salathes durability?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The short ones have been great for me, haven’t tried the new ones yet, but assume they will be even better with a leather tongue