zamberlan 3031 polar vs crispi highland

JPhunt

FNG
I am looking for a winter boot for a mountain lion and lynx hunt but would also use them for ice fishing. I ordered a pair of the Zamberlan's they seem to fit well but are a stiff boot. They will be great for hunting but I would like a little more flex for the rest of winter activities.

Has anyone tried both of these boots?
Is the crispi a little more flexible?

Greenbelt

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking for a winter boot for a mountain lion and lynx hunt but would also use them for ice fishing. I ordered a pair of the Zamberlan's they seem to fit well but are a stiff boot. They will be great for hunting but I would like a little more flex for the rest of winter activities.

Has anyone tried both of these boots?
Is the crispi a little more flexible?

Did you ever end up getting either one of these?

OP
J

JPhunt

FNG
Yes, I got the Zamberlain. I really like the boot probably a little stiff for ice fishing but good for hunting, not as stiff as a Mountain extreme.
Now for the big BUT:
I am sending them in for warranty service. The zipper has split open when zipping over the velcro strap under the gator on the internal boot. It has done it multiple times once I fight the zipper back down it will zip back up and hold all day.
Disappointing for a $650 boot.
I'll see how the warranty service goes.

Greenbelt

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, I got the Zamberlain. I really like the boot probably a little stiff for ice fishing but good for hunting, not as stiff as a Mountain extreme.
Now for the big BUT:
I am sending them in for warranty service. The zipper has split open when zipping over the velcro strap under the gator on the internal boot. It has done it multiple times once I fight the zipper back down it will zip back up and hold all day.
Disappointing for a $650 boot.
I'll see how the warranty service goes.
Wow you're the first person I've tracked down that has these. So get prepared for the onslaught of questions. Are these warmer than say a kenetrek mountain extreme 1000? Will they hold up to hiking 5-15 miles a day or will they tear your feet up? I like a stiff boot so I'm not concerned about that. Are these meant for snow only? In your opinion on a late hunt considering my feet get cold...would I be ok with a kenetrek mountain extreme 1000 and a pair of gators or should I definitely go with these? Has the boa system held up? Sorry for all these questions again but you are literally the only person I know that has them. So feel free to hit me hard with whatever advice you got.

OP
J

JPhunt

FNG
Wow you're the first person I've tracked down that has these. So get prepared for the onslaught of questions. Are these warmer than say a kenetrek mountain extreme 1000? Will they hold up to hiking 5-15 miles a day or will they tear your feet up? I like a stiff boot so I'm not concerned about that. Are these meant for snow only? In your opinion on a late hunt considering my feet get cold...would I be ok with a kenetrek mountain extreme 1000 and a pair of gators or should I definitely go with these? Has the boa system held up? Sorry for all these questions again but you are literally the only person I know that has them. So feel free to hit me hard with whatever advice you got.
I would say they are as warm as a 1000g boot.
They seem to hold up well, I don't have a ton of miles on them. Wore them ice fishing/spearing this winter drilling and cutting holes the gators kept the water away from the inner boot. The gator portion seems to be very abrasion resistant the lower portion is heavier than a normal gator that you would buy.
No issue with the boa