Youtube Scams

tracker12

WKR
I follow Randy Newberg on his YouTube page. He has been running a give away lately. Well I posted a comment of one of his video's. A day later I received a comment saying I won prize. From all looks the comment looked like it came from Randy. I was told to text to a number to start the process. I did and the response sounded as if the person was Randy. Even asking how I liked his content and how long I was following him. All seemed legit until I realized the number on the text wa a Google Voice number. To make it short it was a scam. I noticed him and received a quick response. He said that hunting sites are experiencing a huge increase in these.

That crap is all over YouTube right now. It’s ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ucsdryder

WKR
You should have known it was a scam when it said you won. I don’t know a single person who has ever won anything from any influencer giveaway.
We’ll I won the same Randy newberg YouTube give away a few months back! So now you can say you know someone. Waiting for my gift, must be in green mail!!

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
I have even seen that on a local sporting goods store, they were doing a giveaway and some hacker swooped in and done the same thing your talking about. It doesnt have to be a well known "celebrity" for it to happen

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks for those who follow our YouTube channel.

We get new scammers on our YouTube channel every week. First order of business each morning is to look for any new scammers, then delete them, and then report them to YouTube. Not sure the purpose of reporting to YouTube, as they do nothing about it. I talk to other channels who get the same problem with the same inaction from YouTube.

These are scams. Ignore them. I wish we could do something about it and get YouTube to block them. If people wonder why we have started our own subscription platform that we control, these YouTube scams are one of the many reasons why we have done that.